How to fix lumia 520 power button problem ?

Discussion in 'Lumia' started by Guest, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

I recently purchased a brand new nokia lumia 520,
    and its power button failed to turn the phone on or off

The phone started working after a couple of days and isn't moving a lot
    I fear that it is functioning temporarily is there a fix for this ?

#2 Guest, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Your cover probably isn't allowing

Your cover probably isn't allowing the button to pop back out.
    Check it.

#3 Anonymous, Jun 15, 2014
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

No, it isn't, I've already

No, it isn't, I've already tried it, I don't want to got to the service centre
    is there anything else i can do ?

#4 Anonymous, Jun 15, 2014
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

I wouldn't suggest you to

I wouldn't suggest you to do this a lot of times

Sometimes, the power button gets stuck so you can try getting your finger nail in there and push it out this should fix your problem a good long term as permanently

But if it dosen't and it gets stuck again the third or fourth time, go to the nearest Nokia care store.

#5 Anonymous, Jun 15, 2014
  5. Serpes

Serpes New Member

This is a common problem for Lumia 520. It happened to me too. I send it back about four months to a Nokia care store and they fixed it (replaced the button). Worked great ever since. That power button is attached with three little legs and they usually brake. Both Nokia and cell phone repair shops know about this, so it should be an easy fix.

6. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Unfortunately Serpes is correct. The Lumia 520 has this issue frequently. Have it serviced. it is an easy inexpensive fix. If you just bought it you may have some sort of warranty coverage.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

When you say recently, how long ago exactly? Personally I'd take it back to the store you got it from, or in fact any Nokia store and demand an exchange.

Not even a repair because it will more than likely happen again. You should be asking, and entitled to a new phone and at no cost of course.

8. JohnBeaulieu

Recognized Member

In my experience a proper repair is often better than an exchange with a known flaw. This is not always the case though. A substandard repair causes more problems. Repairs to known flaws usually encompass prevention. Exchanging the phone may just result in it breaking again. Check with Nokia for the best option before deciding on an exchange or repair. They will be able to tell you if the repair includes a fix for the design flaw.

pwarbi likes this.
  9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Repairs can be notorious for being a temporary fix, rather than a cure. If the power button on a brand new phone is faulty, it would make me question if a repair would make much difference anyway if I'm honest.

10. JohnBeaulieu

Recognized Member

Most often a proper repair includes a fix for the problem to keep it from recurring. This is especially true of common issues. It is always best to fully research the repair as compared to a replacement on a particular model if it is a common problem for the device. The quick fix issues do happen but I haven't had this experience with Nokia.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think the power Burton issue appears to be quite a common one when it comes to this device, that's why I was saying they instead of a repair, a new device should really be the best option, especially if your phone is still under warranty, or you have a guarantee still.

JohnBeaulieu likes this.