How to fix Iphone 6 send email to trash problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guest, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

How to fix Iphone 6 send email to trash problem? I recently purchased the IP6 and I am having problems moving the email I receive in trash. Right now, I have over 500 emails and I cannot move them from inbox to trash. Is this an iOS 8 issue or what is going on? I had iPhone 4 before and I didn't had this problem.

Any suggestions or solutions?

#2 Guest, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

I have the same issue

I have the same issue and I get this error:

“Unable to Move Message, The message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash.”

#3 Anonymous, Jan 2, 2015
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Try going to Settings >

Try going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar and choose the email account in question then tap Advanced > Deleted Mailbox and make sure that it’s set to Trash. Now tap Advanced > Account and you are done. At least this is how I fixed mine.. I regret switching to iOS every day! -__-

4. chevypowell

chevypowell Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

As Feggy said, and additionally

As Feggy said, and additionally you can try this:

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Account > Advanced > IMAP Path Prefix and make sure it says INBOX next to it, then tap Account > Done.

Try going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars choose your account then turn Mail Wait ten seconds and then turn it on again and retest.

If none of the above has worked then it’s time to try deleting the account. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars choose your account and then Delete Account and confirm it. Now set your account up from scratch via Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.

#5 chevypowell, Jan 2, 2015