How to fix Facetime waiting for activation error?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guest, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

How to fix Facetime waiting for activation error? I am getting this message when I try to start facetime, this : " Waiting for Activation "

I am very attached to facetime so I need to bypass this error please, i need it for work.

Any help?

#2 Guest, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  2. chevypowell

chevypowell Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Hello, welcome to the Technobezz

Hello, welcome to the Technobezz community. First step, is not to panic :)

Then try these simple potential fixes:

1. Go to Settings > Facetime and turn it off and on again.

2.Try going to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure Set Automatically is On. If you notice that any of the information is wrong then turn Set Automatically off and set the correct time zone, date, and time manually.

3.Check in Settings > General > Restrictions and make sure you haven’t restricted FaceTime.

4. Also, it’s worth confirming you don’t have a network problem so try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings and then set up your Wi-Fi again.

If nothing has worked then you could try a backup and restore, or head into an Apple Store for further help.

#3 chevypowell, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Hey mate, thanks for the

Hey mate, thanks for the reply. I followed the steps and is working now. For some reason it was not working cause my hour was 1 h behind (forgot to update).

4. jfab

jfab Member

Thank to this thread, I'll be able to fix the same issue on my phone. I was having the same problem and it's really frustrating.