How to fix application not downloading or updating?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guest, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

#2 Guest, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    How to fix application not downloading or updating?

I am running iOS 8.1 and i am experiencing a problem where the applications are not downloading or updating. Instead, they hang or remain in inifinite loading loop.

What should I do?

So far I closed all the apps, restarted the phone and set the download to manually. Still no results.

2. chevypowell

chevypowell Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Feb 9, 2015
    Male
    Knowledge Seeker
    #3 chevypowell, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    Hey,

This happens frequently to the

Hey,

This happens frequently to the users that have installed WSJ app.

Additionally, you could try removing apps one by one until you find the culprit or do a factory reset and selectively reinstall.

Good luck!

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Hey, I was reading this

Hey, I was reading this and I have the same issue. I fixed it by removing WSJ, thank you very very very much !!!

4. Bogdana

Bogdana New Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    If you experience this issue in the future, there is another simple solution it may help - to log out from the App Store, and then log in again. Just go to Settings, iTunes & App Store, click on Apple ID, and sign out. Sign in again, and it will work.

5. jfab

jfab Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    My cousin was having the same issue on her phone. Thanks to this thread, I'll go ahead and tell her.

6. carlymarley

carlymarley New Member

May 2, 2015
    Female
    Try logging out of your apple account, turning your phone off, then on and logging back into your apple account. Also check your internet settings/connection. If the problem still persists, maybe give apple a call.

7. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

May 17, 2015
    Female
    This is really a good to know thread! My friend has this problem with the new update and she needs help. I will tell her this. The option of signing out of the Apple account, turning off the phone, and sign back in seem easy enough for her to do by herself. Thanks guys!

Diane Lane likes this.