How to connect tablet to external hdd?

Discussion in 'Android Tablets' started by Guest, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

How can I connect my tablet to an external HDD? I own an AKAI model 8464 10.1'' ,1.0Ghz Cortex A7 QUAD CORE, 16 GB harddrive, 1GB DDR3 RAM and it will not connect to the external hdd.

Disc on key/flash drive works flawless, but for the external hdd is not workin at all. I have 3 external hdd's , 1 x 1TB, 1 x500gb and a small one 100gb and none is working.

#2 Guest, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  2. chevypowell

chevypowell Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Hey Mike!

Most likely, the external

Hey Mike!

Most likely, the external HDD will not work with the tablet because they having a higher capacity than the tablet can recognise, and they are NTFS formated while the tablet works on FAT32 format.

However, faith is not lost. You can check the store for an app that can help you with this issue, one that I personally recommend is Paragon.

Good luck!

#3 chevypowell, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  3. GenevB

GenevB New Member

Probably chevypowell is right about the tablet not recognizing the HDD because it's higher capacity than the maximum accepted by the tablet, but if this wouldn't be the case and the only problem would be with the NTFS format, you could always format your HDD into FAT32 from what I know, but I don't think it would be convenient for you. However why do you need to connect them? Maybe if you tell us the reason we can't figure out some other way to do what you need to do.