How to charge a tablet while having an internet stick plugged into the USB port?

Discussion in 'Windows Tablets' started by junior, Apr 7, 2015.

1. junior

junior Visitor
    Visitor

My problem is that the Tablet is charging through the micro USB socket. And the battery size is extremely little to none at all, I am in a bad situation such as: I’m in the car and I want to use the Internet through cable in OTG from a internet stick (which takes the power from the Tablet), I can’t charge my tablet at the same time I am using the internet stick. Initially I thought that it is enough to buy a USB HUB and stick 5V on the plus and minus of the USB connector. Do you think there is any solution for this?

2. Loading...

3. chevypowell

chevypowell Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

You can use a HUB with a separate power supply.

I use such a HUB for my external HDD , the tablet does not output enough power to operate the hardware . However, if you are skilled you can build a custom one:

First, make sure you have a charger that can deliver 2A . Secondly , integratele load used in tablets to make a ” detection ” type of charger and depending on this, lay down the rules for loading . If he does not “see ” a high power charger ( for example , between D and D + short making the USB un-usable ) will limit the 100-500mA load , which is not enough power to charge the tablet , 3G modem to keep fed and you can do and tablet browsing .

But if this sounds to much of a hasle, the simple and elegant solution is to use a WiFi router that supports 3G stick.

4. Natasha

Natasha Visitor
    Visitor

this is exactly what i did and it worked.

5. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84 New Member

A multi expansion splitter will give you more USBs than you know what to do with! Try using one of them (they are not expensive, I got mine for £4 from eBay. It will give you the USBs you need to charge everything.

6. JayWifi

JayWifi New Member

I agree with everyone else. If you would like to charge your tablet while the micro usb is being used, you will have to buy yourself a splitter. They're not too expensive, you can buy them cheap.