How to bypass iCloud on a stolen phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Clover, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Clover

Clover New Member

My brother bought a blocked iPhone not knowing that it`s blocked with iCloud...whatever that means. I really want to know if he can use it this way and if he can, what he can`t acces because of this issue .
    Thanks in advance

2. Loading...

3. Beny

Beny Member

:))) omg. I heard that you can do something to unblock the iphone, but no idea what and how... if it`s blocked in iCloud... You can use it for pictures...

4. Sofia

Sofia Member

He`s right. The phone lost his features . I don`t know how you can unblock the iphone, since it is blocked like this...

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Any update on this thread? Did you manage to get the phone unblocked and if so how?

Other people might be in the same situation so the info could be useful.

6. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Unblocking an iPhone of any model is difficult and sometimes impossible. Some solutions will work for some people, and others will find that those same fixes do nothing. Chances are good that you're simply out of luck here, and the iPhone isn't going to be unblocked by Apple or through other means.

7. jfab

jfab Member

I say if it's the iCloud that has an issue, then you pretty much can no longer block that. Although you can still try but the coding must be really tough!

8. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Isn't iCloud only used to store images, and personal data? If the phone is locked using iCloud, I don't think you can use it, otherwise how can you even turn on the phone?

I would do a search for this issue to see if there is any solution. If your brother found the phone, I think it is best to return it to the Apple store since he can't use it anyway.

9. akko

akko New Member

Is the actual iPhone blocked or just iCloud? Cause from what I'm aware, you have certain shops that are able to unblock iPhones. Not sure about iCloud however unfortunately. I have also heard recently that the new iPhones have an updated software which makes unblocking the phone more difficult. Especially if the phone was stolen.