How much space do you actually use?

I actually have a 32gb iphone. It is enough for me as I am not really an avid app downloader. As long as I have the basics, then I am good to go. The only thing eating up space in my phone is movies.

I love watching and rewatching movies. I just have to have my favorites saved on my phone for times that I would want to watch it. There are about 5 movies in my phone plus some series with a few episodes.

Music is not a problem as I just stream it. It is such a relief that there are a lot of streaming sites available which allow me to listen to music without the need to download it. It is a very huge space saver if you ask me.

pwarbi

Staff member
Like I said in the previous post, a lot more of the movie sites now are going the same way as the music sites, and also allowing you to just stream the movie on to your device instead of having to actually download it.

Space is obviously a big issue for a lot of people and at least the app makers and people that run these kind of sites are realising that fact, and trying to do something about it.

IcyBC

Recognized Member
Recognized Member
I can't afford to pay for bigger storage, and I have inherited my phone, so it only has 4GB. I just have to transfer every thing to a different storage space when the room is tight :)

pwarbi

Staff member
I can't afford to pay for bigger storage, and I have inherited my phone, so it only has 4GB. I just have to transfer every thing to a different storage space when the room is tight :)
Can I ask what phone you've got, 4GB does sound very small as I thought the lowest storage space on a mobile device was around 8GB. On a lot of the modern smartphones the actual OS is around 3GB!

IcyBC

Recognized Member
Recognized Member
Can I ask what phone you've got, 4GB does sound very small as I thought the lowest storage space on a mobile device was around 8GB. On a lot of the modern smartphones the actual OS is around 3GB!
Yes, you are right! 8GB on my iPhone 5. I am mixed up with some other things. I have to look up the information on my phone just now. I would have love to have the 16GB just in case, but since it was more expensive, I had to settle for the 8GB.

pwarbi

Staff member
Yes, you are right! 8GB on my iPhone 5. I am mixed up with some other things. I have to look up the information on my phone just now. I would have love to have the 16GB just in case, but since it was more expensive, I had to settle for the 8GB.
Haha, I was going to say have you still got the Nokia 8210 or something!

8GB sounds a bit better, while I think most people go for the 16 and the 32, I think that the 64 GB devices are a little too expensive at the moment for what they ar, so the middle sized options are understandably more popular.

Diane Lane

Recognized Member
Recognized Member
I'm always taking tons of pictures and some videos, as well as keeping movies I own on my devices, so I prefer more GB. When I replaced the my last device, I doubled the space up to 64 GB and felt quite comfortable with that, much more so than the 32 GB, which was almost full.

turtledove

I currently only have an 8GB phone, which is just not great. I've used up all of it already, and I'm constantly deleting stuff to give me more space. I'd ideally choose the 64GB phone, seeing as you can't get additional space on iPhones (unlike Androids).