How much can I get for a 2nd Gen Ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Work4it2work, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Work4it2work

Work4it2work New Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    I was wondering what I should set my asking price on Ebay for my 2nd generation Ipad. What's the most you think it should go fair, and what would be a fair price in your opinion? The tablet is in "good condition" a few small scratches on the screen, but other than that it isn't very worn.

2. Loading...

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Do an advanced search on eBay (usually at the top right), and click the boxes for Sold Listings, entering Apple iPad Gen 2, and see the amounts they have sold for...take into consideration the condition of the devices that have sold, so look through the ones that interest you, to see if the quality matches yours, then you will have a range of prices to choose from for your starting point. Also take into consideration the feedback ratio/reputation of the sellers, because someone with 100% feedback can command a higher price than someone with lower feedback, since that reputation equates with trustworthiness, and people prefer to give their money to people they can trust.

IcyBC likes this.
  4. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

May 17, 2015
    Female
    @Diane Lane gave you a great advice. I might also add that it depends on fast you want to sell your iPad too. If you are crunch for money, you can go for a little less. eBay is pretty good at telling you what is the average price for a particular device.

Also on Amazon, you can check your trade in value depending on the condition of your iPad, you will have an idea of how much you want to set your price at too.

5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    A quick search reveals that you're going to struggle to get anywhere near $200 for a device, whether it's in perfect condition or not. Even the LTE-enabled versions of the second generation iPad are going for $180 or so, and many of them are available for less than that. If it's a Wifi only version, then you can expect closer to $150, and often lower. It's an aging device that's too many generations behind to still hold a high value among buyers, but $140 to $180 is better than nothing.