How much a iphone 5 cost

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mohammed, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Mohammed

Mohammed Member

I want to buy a new iphone for my brother cause his birthday is coming in 2 weeks and I am am interested in how much a iphone 5 cost? My budget is limited to $450.

I also would prefer the iphone to be new and not a refurbished iphone.

Any suggestions? Where should I start looking?

2. Loading...

3. IonelaBoss

IonelaBoss New Member

I am afraid you are not within the budget for a brand new iPhone 5s from Apple as the cheapest version costs $549.

They are no longer selling the 5 version.

Unless you are interested in a two years contract with one of the carriers from your country, then you can get a neverlocked iphone from Amazon, Alibaba, E-Bay, etc. They usually sell under $400, all new.

4. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

He can opt for the 5C version, which is better than the normal iphone 5.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone5c/8gb-white-unlocked

But again, if you don't like the plastic, you can opt for one of the big markets that were pointed out above.

5. devinametallic

devinametallic New Member

I don't know how much it could be now but I think I got mine during a special sale for $99 for the 5C version.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

You can still get some good deals but unfortunately I've never seen any up to now within your budget.

As what's been suggested, the 5C is probably the next best thing if it's definitely the iPhone you want to stick with.

If not then you can pick up Samsung's and other makes of android for well within your price range.

7. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Ive seen some iPhone 5s deals on pay as you go for £459 with the operator "3"

8. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I believe you can find the iPhone 5, unlocked and new on eBay for around the amount of your budget, since I was browsing on there for it as a present for my daughter too. iPhone 5c is for Verizon and iPhone 5s is for AT&T. My is just plan iPhone 5 and I am with T-mobile. I got mine brand new three years ago and it was $500 bucks. So I think you can find one in your price range or cheaper even.