How do I transfer my pics and music from my laptop to my Samsung Galaxy Note 2?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by roseblanchgte, Jun 4, 2015.

1. roseblanchgte

roseblanchgte New Member

I just upgraded my phone from a Iphone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and boy of boy are they different. I love the new phone but I hate the fact that they don't come with papers,a booklet,or even a disc to learn about them. Atleast with the iphone

I had Apple support,which I had to pay for. But so far anything I need to know about the phone I have to look it up online,like how to check my voice mail,how to turn on the hot spot,how to how to lol but I have not been able to figure out how to transfer stuff from my computer to it. I have all my music and ringtones I had made with the iphone still on my computer,I have it in itunes and in my windows media.

I still have to keep itunes cause my husband has a iphone and I have a ipod. I have alot of pictures and music I want to transfer from the laptop to the phone or copy and send but I can't figure out how. Also when I am on facebook with the phone,how do you save pics? Thank you to all answers in advance and if you think of anything else that you think

I might need to know about the phone please include,it seems I don't know how to do anything with it yet,took me a bit to figure out how to text and add apps but that and talking and web searching is all I have done so far

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Connect the cable to your computer... should automatically detect your phone... once that is done, your phone will be shown in Computer as a storage device. To copy over your music, just select the files you want to put on your phone and copy them over to the folder that says Music... they will be automatically recognized. For Photos, pictures and videos taken with the phone's camera are stored in the folder DCIM/Camera. There is also another folder on the phone called PICTURES... You can copy stuff to that location too...

If you install a MicroSD card, this all becomes a lot easier for you. I created the following folders on my card: Videos, Wallpaper, Music, & Ringtones. So when I want to copy something onto my phone, I just connect the cable.. and copy/paste the files into their respected folder.

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

Just download and install Samsung Kies... It's like their version of iTunes for their devices. It will handle all the media syncing between your device and computer and make backups of your apps and data

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

For the music you can try a program called doubletwist. I use it for my music and podcasts and it works great. You can use it and itunes at the same time.

For pics, you can just save them to the note 2 when connecting to the computer. When you connect you can set the Note to a mass storage device. Browse to the folder that the pics are saved in and drag to the Note.

For a pic on FB, hit menu > share and send to your e-mail

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

This is a link where you can downlod for free Samsung Kies

http://bitly.com/1wDnQPI

KIES helps with like 90% of the Galaxy issues

7. SherryKurt

SherryKurt New Member

I don't it is difficult to transfer music from laptop to Samsung Galaxy Note, either does transfer pictures from laptop. What you only do it connect your phone to the computer and the just drag the files to your phone and that's it! Or you can install some 3rd party tools on your computer, which is more effective.