How do i Errase Everything on MMC ?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by SonyTark, Mar 25, 2015.

1. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Hello, i recently got a gift from my Uncle which is a Galaxy S2 Black Edition, as i am newbie into Android Platforms ( been a symbian users , old school ) it have pictures, music and other things that my Uncle used to keep it this phone, and i have found some trash and some problems, phone keeps restarting, or it shut down itself ... i want to erase everything on the MMC and have it as normal ...

2. Loading...

3. Blingtron5

Blingtron5 Member

Mar 24, 2015
    what do you mean by erase everything on MMC ? have it back to normal ? This could be done from the Menu > Settings > General > Backup & Reset

Please notice that this would be a Soft Reset

4. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

Mar 24, 2015
    yes, i want to let it just like it was from the Factory... Soft Reset would mean that it will erase everything on the MMC right ?

5. Blingtron5

Blingtron5 Member

Mar 24, 2015
    yes, or you have the other way, Hard Reset by pressing Home Button & Volume Up and Power button and perform a cleaning from the Android Console... Clear Cache and Data...

6. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

Mar 24, 2015
    #5 SonyTark, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    Thank you soo much much Bling, the phone is acting normal for the moment, no randomly restarts or shuttind down, let's see if this was the solution or i got a faulty unit, mu Uncle told me that the phone was working fine, but from time to time restart by itself...

7. Blingtron5

Blingtron5 Member

Mar 24, 2015
    It's because it's like this, is a device with an open source Sistem installed into it, sometime the sistem get fully loaded with trash, files or bad sectors... hope the factory reset will fix your problem mate