How an iphone is unlocked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Oliver, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Oliver

Oliver Member

Hello,

I have the iPhone 5C 8GB and it is locked to Verizon. Since yesterday, I want to change to T-Mobile network so I bought a new SIM Card, but the phone not working when I insert the new SIM.

I did a Google search but I am not interested in Gevey SIM or modifying the device.

How an iPhone is unlocked? How to unlock iPhone to use with any SIM?

2. Loading...

3. puru2

puru2 Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

An iPhone can be unlocked very easily, by your carrier. This is perfectly legal and this service will cost you a small fee (10-20 euro), or for certain operators it is free after you have been subscribed for 1 year, while for others you need to be a paying customer for 6 months.

• Three Mobile: Call 333 from the iPhone or 0843 3733 333 from a landline
    • Virgin Mobile: Call 789 from the iPhone or 0845 6000 789 from a landline.
    • Tesco: Phone Tesco on 0845 300 6600.
    • T-mobile: Call 0845 412 5000 and request a Network Subsidy Code.
    • Vodafone: Call 08700 77 66 55 or 191 from your iPhone.

There are 3 conditions you need to meet if you wish to unlock an iphone:
    • You must be a current customer who's had the account for at least six months
    • The IMEI must not be blacklisted (we'll check this for you)
    • Pay monthly customers must have an account balance of zero - everything needs to be paid up to date
    We also have a nice article on the website, that you can read and find out more on how an iphone is unlocked:

http://www.technobezz.com/unlock-iphone/

Also, a nice article from Apple:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328

4. Mohammed

Mohammed Member

Thank you brother, I was looking for something like this for a long time. I had no idea it was possible to unlock an iphone from the carrier.

5. devinametallic

devinametallic New Member

Same here. Thanks so much puru! I gained so much new information I never knew before! I almost wanted to throw this phone out but now I can try again. LOL

6. introspectivgroup

introspectivgroup New Member

Oliver,

Thank you so much. I needed to unlock my old phone and I did not know we could do it this way. I am so glad you shared this!

7. jfab

jfab Member

I haven't tried unlocking my phone. This is going to be of good help when I go abroad!

8. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I am too surprised that carrier can unlock an iPhone. This is just a fantastic information and glad to see this thread. I always thought it has to be factory unlocked in order to use with different providers.

9. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I believe that one way you are able to unlock the phone is if you bring it to your carrier. I'm not sure if they will charge you, but I know that they will do it. I think that all they have to do is use a software to unlock it and then they give you a new sim card. I don't believe that you would be able to do it on your own, so I wouldn't try that!