Hot to Root the Note 3 SM-N900 ?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Blingtron5, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Blingtron5

Blingtron5 Member

Mar 24, 2015
    I have a Note 3 Sm-N900 Exynos 1.9Ghz variant and i was wondering how can i root this device without loosing the warranty ?

Thanks in advanced

2. Loading...

3. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Please give us More details. is your phone carrier Lock ? regin Lock ? What ROM are u using ? KitKat, Jellybean ?

Rooting means you will loose your warranty, they come with original operating sistem and if you modify it yourself ( Root ) that means you'll lose your warrant...soo be carrefully

4. Blingtron5

Blingtron5 Member

Mar 24, 2015
    My phone is factory Unlocked, i am using Lollipop ...

5. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

Mar 24, 2015
    That's why i ask you which ROM are u using , try the following :

You need to download CF autoroot
    After that download Philz Recovery

Important : Download ODIN 3.10
    flash CF autoroot
    Now the phone will reboot
    Go to download mode again and then flash Philz Recovery

This works only with ODIN 3.10

6. leovew

leovew New Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Is it really worth it to root the Note 3? I know the new update (Lollipop!) sucks with all the glitches and bugs but I kinda like the new look. So can't you wait a little longer for an update? Rooting your phone will definitely disqualify it from warranty but if you'd had it for a while then, is it worth risking?

7. k9cb

k9cb New Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Male
    Ugh. I hate the new look. I just upgraded very recently and I'm trying to find a root that will work for me. I'm definitely a fan of the multi-window feature, among other things, but just little things like menu colors have been getting on my nerves. I feel like I need some more freedom to customize, and I haven't felt the need to do that at any point with any smartphone I've had.

8. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 New Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Male
    I was considering rooting my Note 3 as well, just to get rid of all the stupid bloatware it comes with. I'm so sick of getting updates about TripAdvisor or SHealth, or all the other crap I never use. I even tried disabling all these apps, since you can't uninstall them, and yet Samsung keeps re-enabling them periodically and nagging me all over again with update notices about them. Even the applications that I *do* use don't update nearly as often as these stupid programs do.

I've successfully rooted my prior Android smartphones - the original Motorola Droid and Droid Bionic. However I ran into a big problem after rooting the Droid Bionic - I couldn't get the most recent version of Android that had been pushed out to it, which was supposed to solve some serious issues it had with dropping the data connection constantly. I waited nearly a year for that update to come out and to fix the issue which made the phone nearly worthless, and yet when everyone else was getting the update, my phone wasn't. When it finally did try to download and install the update, it kept erroring out during the update process. Even the reps over at Verizon couldn't figure out what was going on (I didn't tell them I had rooted it) so they replaced the phone for me with another refurbished droid bionic. I held off telling them about the rooting, because I didn't want them to tell me I was screwed and on my own for doing so.

Does anyone know if it's safe to root the Note 3? Will I still get future updates to Android?

9. k9cb

k9cb New Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Male
    [QUOTE="OhioTom76, post: 5246, member: 459]

Does anyone know if it's safe to root the Note 3? Will I still get future updates to Android?[/QUOTE]

I've been looking into this as well, and I'm really surprised at the lack of information about it. I'm on ATT, and I've seen some people say it currently isn't possible. On the other hand, I've seen threads where people give instructions for it, but they seem to be contradictory. In other words, the first step is to back up your phone, but in order to do it properly, you need an app that only works with a root.