help ! How to Root My Motorola Milestone ?

Discussion in 'Moto' started by Suzie25, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Suzie25

Suzie25 Member

Hello fellows, i just purchase a new phone, more exactly Motorola Milestone, the phone is awesome as it could be and i want to get the most out of it by rooting this device... Anyone has a step by step tutorial how to do this ?

My baseband version is : 3GSMEPU91A_U_91.07.56I
    Build number: SHOLS_U2_02.36.0

Thanks in advanced

#1 Suzie25, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  2. Loading...

3. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

hello, i use Vroot to root my Milestone, at first steps it might fail, but in the end you get your Phone rooted

Also there is a tutorial on the internet if you want to get full acces to the phone and install custom ROM's, you need to use VRF ( Bulnerable Recovery Flash ) , here is a step by step tutorial :

• Download and Install Motorola Mobile Phone USB Drivers for Windows (32-Bit / 64-Bit)
    • Download and Install RSDLite 4.6 [Lower versions are known to have detection issues with Milestone]
    • Vulnerable Recovery SBF with Bootloader RAMDLD 90.78 and lower.
    • Milestone Root Update.zip
    Instructions:

1. Install the USB Drivers on the your PC.
    2. Plug your phone into the PC via USB Cable, let windows install and detect any internal devices on the Milestone.
    3. Rename ‘milestone_root.zip’ to ‘update.zip’ and copy it on the root of your SD card.
    4. Disconnect the phone, run RSDLite 4.6 on your PC , and connect the phone again. If you pull down the status bar and tap on ‘Select to manage your USB Connection’, you will see that the Milestone is now connected on Portals & Tools. If any other Motorola applications start off, ignore and exit them.
    5. RDSLite will show your phone model number ‘A853’ and the status should be ‘Connected’.
    6. Press ‘…’ button to browse for the ‘vulnerable_recovery_only_RAMDLD90_78.sbf’ and load it.
    7. The ‘Start’ button would now be enabled. Please ensure the USB connection is secure and start the flash.
    8. Keep an eye on the status bar, the Milestone will reboot into bootloader, flash the recovery firmware and start back up into RSD Lite showing a ‘Finished’ or ‘PASS’ status.
    9. Exit RSDLite and Remove the USB Connection
    10. Power off your phone. Press and Hold the ‘X’ button on the device and press the Power button, keep them help until the phone boots into recovery.(screen will show an exclamation mark inside a triangle)
    11. Press and hold the Volume Up button and now press the Camera button to go into Android System Recovery.
    12. You would be presented with four menu options. Scroll down to ‘Apply Update:update.zip’ using the D-pad and the golden key to enter.
    13. Wait for the process to complete and select ‘Reboot System’ to let the phone boot back into Android.

If you want your phone to rock, i recommend you to install CyanogenMod and this is the most open source and pure android Experience and user friendly ...

#2 Iamyou, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  4. Suzie25

Suzie25 Member

Thanks, i was using Vroot and i manage to root it at the second step, also Super SU has been installed ...

I need to search for the cyanogen ROM and flash it ...

Do you know how to flash it ?