have you ever used online back up software?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by giggly, Jul 27, 2015.

1. giggly

giggly New Member

hey guys just wanted to know if you ever tried backing up files online or via a program.

#1 giggly, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
  2. Loading...

3. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

No and I really would advice against it myself. Everyone is backing data up to the cloud these days, but how do you really know that the data your sending to the cloud is "secure", "safe" and "encrypted". I wouldn't like my data to be on the cloud, even if it is encrypted. I'd rather have my data backed up on 2 USB sticks that are encrypted, that way I know where my data is!

4. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Not me! I have an external hard drive that I kept my data on as I really don't like my information floating around out there. Anything can be hacked, and I rather be safe than sorry. I guess I am one of those that don't trust anything in the cloud so to speak.

5. Work4it2work

Work4it2work New Member

I'm a little wary of backing up anything online. Too many people have been hacked. Use the celebrity nude photo leaks of the past year as your cue to not follow suit by posting to the cloud. If you don't have anything you need to hide, and it's not sensitive information that could damage you then by all means take your chances. Like Icy said I would also agree with the use of external hard drives to back any data you need.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I have never tried using any backup software online, and I don't think I will ever try it in the near future. Honestly, I am kind of hesitant about all these backup software online. You really don't know if they are legit and reliable enough or probably they would just get your personal data and use them for hacking purposes.