Have You Ever Used An Alcatel Device?

Discussion in 'Other Android Phones' started by teamxxlp, Apr 28, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

When it comes to smartphone, Alcatel has never really seemed to know what it was doing. The company has produced crap phone after crap phone, even for budget devices. This includes poor screens, bad OS tweaks, lackluster hardware, and other issues. So, I have to ask. Has anyone on here ever owned an Alcatel device? I've used them before, and I just can't stand them.

2. Loading...

3. MikeOh

MikeOh New Member

Hi, my spare phone is actually a Alcatel phone. It's called Alcatel OneTouch Idol mini. I can say that it's pretty much an okay phone. Nothing really amazing as compared to others. Yup, it really does have bad OS tweaks. It's slow and sometimes, the touch feature doesn't work that fast. But it's also a bit cheap so I bought it.

4. Yosh

Yosh New Member

Hi there. I'm using one myself. Can confirm how useless the thing is. Its my main phone for the time being (Cant afford much else at the moment).

5. MikeOh

MikeOh New Member

Good to know you're also using it albeit you think it's useless. I still find myself using it once in a while though for my other SIM card. It's not really in the same level with Samsung and LG but it has its pros that I can say it's still a good phone.

6. Yosh

Yosh New Member

If mine were more reliable, I think I'd be more inclined to agree. Earlier today, I had to stick it in the freezer to actually get it to cool down enough and register as being unlocked :/

7. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Member

I wouldn't make it one day using an Alcatel. They are a part of my inventory at work and I don't ever sell them under any circumstance. LG, ZTE and Samsung have low end devices for similar cost with way less problems. They really need to get a handle on their products.

8. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

My mom used to have this alcatel touch screen phone. I remember that I loved how cute it looked but that is just about it. There is no good remarks to be said on its touch screen response, user friendliness or battery lasting power. It was just a free phone on her plan so she got it. Then it got robbed so she has to buy a samsung phone.