Has Anyone Updated to the New Version 8.4 Yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IcyBC, Jul 3, 2015.

1. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I just received a notice that a new version 8.4 is ready to be updated, but I haven't done it. As the new update comes out, I am really reluctant to do so since I had so much trouble with the last one. Nothing runs right, and confusing the heck out of me because I thought something was wrong with my devices.

I will wait for a while until I hear from you that everything runs smoothly and as it should be. Has anyone updated the new version yet?

2. Loading...

3. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I have updated to the new 8.4. The only thing that I really noticed was different was the Apple Music. You can get that now, and the music app changed colors. My phone is still able to run to same and I haven't had that many problems. I just think that sometimes Apple doesn't wait long enough when making a new update and that's why they have all those problems. I think that this one was okay though, I haven't run into anything major with it.

IcyBC likes this.
  4. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

You know what, Apple comes out with new updates too often and so soon! Why don't they spend the time and fix all the bugs first instead of flipping the versions of iOS like pancake! They should just let us enjoy the smoothly of it for a while. Don't understand the rush and the urgency of this at all :(

5. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

I agree with you! I don't understand why they wouldn't take the time so that they could make the updates better. I would rather have to update my phone every year or six months. It seems like they are coming out with updates every 4 months. It just too much to keep up with. I mean there isn't a lot that they even change. That's why I hate having to update my phone. One of the only reasons why I do so is because I hate seeing the 1 next to my settings. It's annoying to me, that's why I did this update. I don't plan on changing to the Apple music. I just wish that they would take their time like it seems that Android does.

6. Aquar

Aquar New Member

Nah I think that's just the way of a lot of electronics. With my PC, they come up with updates at least once a month seems like. As for my PS3, it seems like I get an update on that every 10th time I turn it on. Updates are usually useless too with all those. I don't really notice anything different in the Playstation or PC.

I did get the update though because I don't like seeing that little number on there. I think the Apple music looks aesthetically pleasing but as an OCD person I really don't like the shuffle. It is worse than before because not only does it stop after a short time is it will replay several songs on the SAME shuffle session. They focus way too much on style and not enough on functionality but the funny thing is they even missed one graphic detail. Some of my music does not have album art anymore (which I don't care about all that much obviously but I think it's funny with their obsession with style) Obviously the Iphone itself is a quality product. It's just these little bugs that make you love and hate the phone at the same time I guess.

7. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

@Aquar I also notice that with my Xbox, but I don't think that it should be the same way with the phones that we have now. They don't need to be updated all the time. It's just a huge waste for Apple to keep coming out with them in my opinion. I'm actually surprised to hear that about the Apple Music. You would think that they would care more about how the system works and less on how good it's looking. In a sense though it almost doesn't surprise me because they have always cared too much about how things on the phone look, and now on how they are going to work. I mean half the updates that they are giving us now have too many issues with them.

8. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

@Aquar and @Danielle Davidson I thought I am the only strange one that can't stand looking at that update number right by the app every time I am on my iPhone or iPad. It is annoying to see, and so I updated my devices. So far so good as I don't seem to run into any trouble yet. Now, I don't have to see that number anymore :)

9. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Not only that but also any other app that I have on my phone with a number next to it. I will make sure that I get rid of it as soon as I see it. It is just this annoying thing that I can't stand when it comes to my phone. I think that there might be a number of people who update their device just so that they don't have to see the number anymore. It also takes up space in your phone anyways, so you might as well do the download. I'm also glad that I don't have to see that number anymore.

10. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I was trying desperately getting rid of that number by looking in Notification Center, to remove the notification, and put it off for a while. No such luck, so I had to update to 8.4 and these past two days I noticed that some of the apps like Netflix, Hulu and AppTrailers automatically shut itself down on me. I believe there is a few bugs in this new version @Danielle Davidson :(

11. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

@IcyBC Yeah, it's so annoying and as soon as I see that number I always know what it means. I mean they are always coming out with updates, and it's quite annoying. Wow, that's not good that it was doing that. I can't believe that from not updating your phone that would happen. I don't think that I've updated my iPad, so hopefully that doesn't happen to me.

12. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I hate all of these useless updates for nothing! They should tell us that these updates are good for this or that and give us an option to choose what to do. (Is there an option?) Every time I updated, something is always not working right. Arg..

13. Erin Sagisi

Erin Sagisi New Member

Yes I updated my iphone to the new update. So far, no troubles with the new update. With my previous experiences, I have not had any major trouble with any of the iphone updates. The only major thing that happened with the update was the music app. It has a new look and comes with new features. The new and update music app is similar to Spotify or any streaming music app that costs money. Overall, the update is fine and has not caused me any troubles.

14. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I am glad yours running smoothly! Not sure if it is just me and it could be too like it could be my internet connection problem as of yesterday my internet went out for our area. I will keep a look on this to see what was the problem.

15. Lawrencevr

Lawrencevr New Member

I haven't had problems with the new iOS. Most noticeable thing for me was the Apple Watch app popping up. Everything still runs smoothly - actually surprisingly close to the iPhone 6.