Hacked Cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diane Lane, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

2. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

They were talking about this and being able to hack into any car with some sort of computer so they can disable the brakes, on a program the other day on TV. It's pretty worrying if that kinda stuff is possible. I can imagine it being possible with all these self-drive cars, but "normal" cars? Yeah, it's pretty worrying alright.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It seems every week, if not more often, there's a story in the news about banks, stores, credit companies, governments being hacked, and now vehicles. I just don't trust it. Technology is great when it's used for good, but someone who would hack a car and tamper with the brakes is downright evil, and I don't want to give them the opportunity to do it to my vehicle, or any others on the road.

4. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It's at times like this that I love having my 2003 car with minimal if any electronic equipment on it!

Seriously though, the technology is getting better and with it the criminals are getting better at getting around that technology. In a way you have to admire their ingenuity but I just wish they used their skills for good instead of bad. Over in the UK police forces are openly stating that cyber crime is on the rise and now cyber crime is taking that little bit more priority over other crimes. It's like a scales system, because soon cyber crime will level out, and other crimes will become more frequent, forcing the police to commit their resources in that direction more and as a result tipping the scales once again.