getting 3 hours of screen time on my Galaxy Tab

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clover, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Clover

Clover New Member

I am getting 3 hours of screen time and before i was getting 6 hours of sceen time on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. I`ve over charged the battery sometimes and i`m thinking this could be a cause .
    On my last Samsung tab i was getting a least 7 hours of sceen time on a single charge...

2. Loading...

3. ChipAndDale

ChipAndDale New Member

Try a factory reset, but try it with care. If you have no idea about, ask someone who knows to help you

4. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

You might have a faulty battery. Or just try this, make sure your "search for wifi" is turned off. That seems to be the universal problem with most smartphones. People leave that feature on and it drains the phone in no time.

5. devinametallic

devinametallic New Member

Damn, 3 hours? I agree with Josh or yourself, it could be a bad battery or overcharging...

6. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yeah as others have said, I'd have a check of the settings and see if there's anything else running in the background that could be draining it. It's either that or the battery is a faulty one.

Can you overcharge a phone battery? I assumed that if you left it connected after reaching fully charged it cut the electricity off so it couldn't get overloaded?

7. Nonn

Nonn New Member

That is strange, did you buy the phone new or used? If you bought it used, maybe the battery is bad? No phone should last 3 hours.

8. pixel

pixel New Member

There are a few applications on the app store that help you identify which apps are draining the most power / using the most data. For example, Facebook runs in the background, which can contribute to power drain. The more apps you have on your phone that use background features will also have a negative effect on battery life. Like the others said, it could also simply be a faulty battery.