Galaxy S6 Edge heating very easily

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by IonelaBoss, Apr 8, 2015.

1. IonelaBoss

IonelaBoss New Member

Is there anyone else in here who has the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and has observed this heating problem?

I've only used my phone for light stuff like browsing Technobezz, Twitter, Reddit, etc., but doing so causes my phone to noticeably warm up as if doing some heavy duty stuff, especially if on max brightness.

It heats up faster/easier than my iPhone 5s. Anybody else noticing this? I am considering to go to my network carrier tomorrow and tell them about it, but just want to make sure.

2. Loading...

3. Oliver

Oliver Member

I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge and from my experience so far it gets quite hot when downloading a lot of apps in a row.

While browsing the internet it gets warm but not very hot.

4. Blingtron5

Blingtron5 Member

Yes, it is the same here. While updating apps from the play store, watching videos the S6 Edge will cause the back side, at the middle section to heat up. I guess it is something that is intended and there is no need for you to go and ask for warranty.

5. Leya_Knows

Leya_Knows New Member

Running a lot of apps at once in the background can also cause overheating because the phone is working overtime to keep everything running. Try seeing if you can turn some features off to save some battery power, which can also stop it from heating as quickly.

6. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

The more you try to do with a phone at once, the hotter it's going to get. Smartphones aren't that great at dispersing heat, especially since manufacturers don't really do much to disperse said heat. Perhaps the Snapdragon 810 SOC really does heat up more than other processors, but all smartphones are going to get at least warm to the touch during active use. Excessive heat is caused by more processes, a higher screen brightness, poor thermals for the device, and potentially the processor itself.

For the S6 Edge, I have no idea.

7. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I've known about this problem quite a lot, where Samsung products often get a lot of heating. I hope one day they will fix this problem by inventing some good technology to cool it down. As long as your phone doesn't shut off it's alright though. I also would recommend you to get one of those good cases that maintain the coldness and not increase the heat, because cases can make it worse.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The device getting warm is a common issue but nothing to worry about. It won't have any impact on the performance of the device if that's what your main worry is.

As others have already said, the more your phone does, obviously the more the processor will have to work so making sure you limit what your doing at one time will help, but really you'll be able to do as much as you want without it being affected.

9. danny

danny Visitor
    Visitor

same thing to me i have galaxy s6 from tmobile and is get haet q
    went i download apps from play store and went i watch video how i fix that

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It gets a little warm for me too but it's manageable. It hasn't heat up to the point where it's unusable yet and I hope it stays this way.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

It shouldn't affect the performance of the device. I even think in some of the literature that comes with the phone, it even says the device will get warm. It's common, don't worry...

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Well, if the device gets really warm then the processor is manufactured to throttle down it's speeds to ensure that the phone doesn't get damaged. That's the problem with the SD 810 processor.

pwarbi likes this.
  13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Which is an issue that's been mentioned quit a few times on this forum.

And I might add, something Qualcomm STILL haven't managed to find a definite fix for...

14. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I guess that's a problem with Samsung phones, heat.

15. Rakesh Baboo Sadh

Visitor

My S6 Edge is having severe heating problem that even my fingers tips have burn marks. When I went to the service centre, they say it is normal for the handset to heat upto 48 degree celsius.......48 degree celsius ????? Are they kidding. A normal human being cannot stand with that temperature outdoors. If this problem is not resolved from Samsung I would be taking a strict legal action. I am a senior citizen and they have made me run from one service centre to the other. This has cost me lot on mental agony and my business has also suffered to wastage of time running and waiting at the service centres.

16. superbobby

superbobby New Member

This is a very serious problem. I had this problem with my Iphone 5. My battery started bulging out after a while and my screen stopped responding because of it.