Galaxy S6 Bland Screen When Compared To Other Phones

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Iamyou, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Evening

I am facing a dilemma right now. Please check out this picture.

My HTC M8 is on the left. New S6 on right. Both turned up to full brightness. My M8 screen looks so much more vivid and colorful. Anybody else seen this issue?

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. Mohammed

Mohammed Member

Mar 24, 2015
    That is interesting and I am curious if this is a hardware issue on your device or if it's just different profiles that you are using. Have you checked the Samsung Galaxy S6 profile settings? If not, make sure to set it to adaptive.

4. Blingtron5

Blingtron5 Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Can you check if auto brightness is not turned off? It happened for me to auto turn off for a couple of times and I think I have read the same problem happened to multiple users.

5. puru2

puru2 Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Male
    From my experience, I am telling you that full brightness on the recent samsung flagships is achieved on auto brightness in full sunlight, not in the dark. If you did this outdoors at noon you'd have a different result.

6. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Yes that is correct, I took this picture inside and auto brightness was off, Adaptive on.

No power saving mode turned on on the S6.

In conclussion, both S6s are going back and I'm going with the M9 or Nexus 6. Way too many issues with these phones.