Galaxy S6 Active Announced For AT&T

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by teamxxlp, Jun 10, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Of course, it features the rugged design elements from previous Active Galaxy S devices. The biggest feature is the 3,500 mAh battery, which is noticeably larger than the battery on the regular S6 and S6 Edge.

2. Loading...

3. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It's great that it has a bigger battery but I'm not sure whether I'm a fan of it's design. I guess it's something to sacrifice for water and dust proof. But when I look at the Xperia Z lineup, I think Samsung could've gone for a better approach.

teamxxlp likes this.
  4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

The Galaxy S Active and Sport devices take the same design approach as the Droid lineup. It's supposed to look more rugged rather than sleek or sexy, and it's something that plenty of people appreciate. For the S6 Active, I assume a lot of people are going to buy it based on the sole fact that it's more like the Galaxy S5 in appearance. Then there's the bigger battery. This one could sell a couple million units in its lifetime, and that'd be better than nothing for Samsung.

5. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Phone designs have been swinging back and forth for years now. When phones became too large, they were eventually replaced by ever shrinking footprints of the newer models. This was during the pre-smartphone era. Naturally smartphones had to be large, this was due to the requirement of larger screens. Smartphones have been thinning for years but people are getting bored with those. It doesn't surprise me that more rugged designs are coming out these days.

6. GavinGimbo

Recognized Member

Have to agree with your post. I totally understand your point now. It was never made for the looks, instead more for durability - which point to a whole different set of consumers.

7. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I completely agree. The design doesn't seem that great, or not as great as we expected. I guess in the long run that won't matter much because it's just a phone, but it is a great announcement though for those who actually want it that way.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

With a device like this it's not about the design, I think it's more about the functionality more than anything else. While it's not going to be a massive seller I wouldn't have thought, what it does do is fill a gap in the market.

9. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I agree totally. That's a sad thing actually that they would invest much on design when there's not much functionality to offer, it's like no different whatsoever than getting a downgraded phone.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

With the release of this device though, Samsung now have a phone across the full range I think so now no matter what a customer wants, from a flagship, top of the range device to a unpretentious, durable work phone, they'll have a choice of a Samsung.

11. GavinGimbo

Recognized Member

Seems like that this device has already announced. And I'm already hearing positive feedbacks about the battery life of this device compared to the normal Galaxy S6 and edge.

That's great news! Samsung has definitely made sure that the phone will last a whole day of usage.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Well, the design looks nice and I'm sure it's going to function properly for what it's designed. Curious to see how many units they're going to sell, since it seems like not a lot of people will buy it.

13. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It looks pretty interesting in design and it will be good to see if the new battery makes much of a difference or not but personally, I can't really see it.

Time will tell.

14. yangyi

yangyi New Member

It's very fashion! Design is very unique!

15. roarzie

roarzie New Member

A whole day of usage would be great, especially with a phone like this built for durability. This one will be great for the "endurant" phones niche, which seem to be getting more and more attention. My old phone got destroyed by water, so it is always refreshing seeing the waterproof function being implemented in more phones.