Galaxy S5 Camera Issue - Crashing and Fail to load

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by paul, Apr 16, 2015.

1. paul

paul New Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    Hi, I have bought a Galaxy S5 almost a year ago. The phone was working fine till last month. Suddenly the camera started giving problems. Sometimes the app lags for long time and sometimes it fails to load. Other apps are working fine, so I think the problem is not with the phone but with the camera app. I use my phone camera very frequently, so please suggest me what to do to solve this problem. I already tried many things but nothing worked.

Thanks

2. Loading...

3. marky

marky New Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Female
    You need to clear the cache and data of the camera app. Follow the below steps for that:

> Go to settings of your Galaxy S5

> You will find Application Manager

> Select Force Stop.

> Select Clear Cache and Clear Data.

4. lucky

lucky New Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    hey, If your camera fails to load, then have you tried to restart the phone? If not then you should do it once to see if the problem is solved. It worked for me. Thanks

5. lucky

lucky New Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    If you are facing lagging issue when opening the camera app, you need to tap on the little gear which is located on screen when the camera app is open. Disable the picture stabilization when you are not using it as it may cause the lag problem.

Also reset the camera settings and see if the performance is improved.

6. paul

paul New Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    Thanks for your help. I cleared the cache partition and it worked. Here are the steps.

> Turn off the phone.

> Press Home + Power + Volume Down buttons together and hold them until the phone vibrates.

> Leave them when Samsung logo appears on screen.

> Hit Volume Down key repeatedly until the Wipe Cache Partition is highlighted. Use Power button to select it. Hit Yes.

> The process may take some time, so wait until it is finished.

> Reboot your phone.

7. orcot

orcot New Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Have you not tried taking your phone back to the shop and see if it needs repairing? If it was contract did you get insurance out on your phone? Keep us updated please.