Galaxy Note Edge short review

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Serpes, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Serpes

Serpes New Member

One of my friend bought one of these. This is actually a phablet-5.6 inches. Galaxy Note Edge is a Note 4 with an innovative curved edge screen. Note Edge is as strong as Note 4, has almost the same battery time and same digital pen, the same interface and the same applications preinstalled. The user experience is different, and that makes it stick its head out from the crowd. By the way, I tried to block it by opening as many applications as I could. I wasn't able to.

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Member

The phone is sick looking and innovative aesthetically, but it is just a glorified Note 4. I think Samsung made something unique and break through even though the Edge is just a novelty.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think that the Edge is great! It is a good phone and even though it has the same hardware as the Note 4 the edge is a cool addition, even though it's very gimmicky.

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I like the idea of a phablet, it sounds interesting. Do you have any specs on the camera(s)? I definitely want to get something with a good camera, as well as larger screen, but not sure I want to go all out with an actual tablet, versus phone.

6. queenbellevue

queenbellevue New Member

Guess that's why they don't call it a "Note 5" then. I think they just wanted to keep the success of the S6 and S6 Edge going, but couldn't think of enough innovative features to really differentiate it from the Note 4. Anyhow, I didn't even know there was a Note Edge until this post. They didn't really market it here.

7. vegito12

vegito12 New Member

I know someone who bought it has said the look is not that great but is light to hold and also easy to use which makes using this phone a geat experience and also good value for money as well. I think the company could have made it look a bit better and also make the screen a bit bigger and camera is great on it and can even record voice and videos which is nice to do. I also liked how, watching videos are easy, and suitable for the screen and liked how it played the whole way without any interruptions and games are easy to play and work well.

8. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Member

The Note Edge came out well before the s6 Edge. It actually launched on the same day as the Note 4, but was only sent to limited stores on the launch and was mostly available to order on line.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

While this device might be useful for some people, I do think the sheer size will put people off using it as an everyday handset.

I'd imagine this would be targeting mainly the business users rather than the usual man in the street. I know that I definitely don't have a need for the screen to be that big.

10. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

That's right. Why would anyone want to even have it that big, it's not necessary. I can see that on the market they've said they were going to aim for smaller, now it's changed to aiming for bigger. I think for smartphones, just having it in between makes it unique enough to be a smartphone. As well as a tablet though, a tablet should be the size it should be and what makes it a tablet, not always aim for bigger, like a All-in-one PC.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The tablet and the smartphone seem to be combining and for me they need to stay as two separate devices. Companies are trying to come up with a compromise when I don't generally think it's what people want.

12. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Exactly! Just like the concept of Windows 8, when it came out, it was just a disappointment because it had so much tablet support, while actual Windows users and gamers aren't happy with it. It's most likely companies that don't really care about user feedback, but think their ideas are good enough, and people can shove it.

13. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It seems like a fairly solid device that is built to last. Personally I don't have much use for this, apart from testing out apps on it. I do prefer the slicker and thinner notepads, especially when I'm at a coffee shop meeting a client. Perhaps this a device that could find it's niche with building contractors and engineers.

14. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I certainly think that it's been made more for the business market rather than for personal use. A lot of companies will have a separate device specifically aimed at the business sector. If that then crosses over and everybody starts using it then they'll have hit the jackpot.

15. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I agree with you Pwarbi. I have one more thing to say though. It's important when we look at these devices not to judge on the very little details because not every phone is perfect, because it's created by imperfect people. I urge anyone when they're looking for a phone, don't be too much of a perfectionist, a lot of things don't matter in the real world use.

16. David Lopez

David Lopez Member

Galaxy note edge is bigger i think or 5.5 or 6 inch... with curve design... you can see its full specs in gsm..