Galaxy Note 4 Google voice issue ?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Suzie25, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Suzie25

Suzie25 Member

Hello guys, sience i have bought my brand new Galaxy Note 4 from Verizon, i got this weird issue with Google Voice, more exactly my voice email are getting stuck on Verizon App, yet i still have the both app's installed in my Phone and also i have the voice enabled.. is giving me headaches....

Any one has any ideea why it dosent read them from Google directly ?

2. Loading...

3. Oliver

Oliver Member

This kind of problem happens to me also, i have a white Note 4 bought it from Verizon 4 months ago... :((

If anyone has a solution for this i will be greatfully, thanks

4. problemphone

problemphone New Member

hey people, try to give a call to Verizon and see what they say about that .. i don't have any ideea why, my emails are filtered and read just fine ...

5. SonyTark

SonyTark Member

You guy can try this, let me know if it works for you

Make sure that you have activate your Google Voice and reading your emails is also pointed to your Voice Mail in your phone settings

Menu - Settings - Call - Voice Mail

Now try to dial all of these 3 numbers one after one :

*71[Your Google Voice number]
    *90[Your Google Voice number]
    *92[Your Google Voice number]

This is the solutin that is pointed directly from Google

6. PGSMontana

PGSMontana Visitor
    Visitor

My google voice voicemail stopped working on all my phones (mine and my kids') after I activated HD Voice calling ... so I disabled the HD Voice feature and still couldn't restore the google voice voicemail. Tried deleting the data and cache from mobile GV app ... tried uninstalling and reinstalling ... tried going into the google voice account on my laptop and deleting/re-adding my mobile number then clicking the "activate google voice on this phone" (which instructs you to dial *71[your 10-digit GV number] ... tried the sequence of other *90 and *92 instructions ... kept getting recorded Verizon message saying "feature upgrade can't be completed ... please call *611 for tech service" ...

... called Verizon tech, was promptly advised that Verizon doesn't offer support for Google services. However, the guy did end up fixing the problem! The tech manually "enabled no answer call forwarding" to my google voice number ... and VOILA! it came back again.

The *71[+GV number] is the command to enable No Answer CAll Forwarding. So I'm suspicious Verizon has someone deactivated the *71 command if one has Google Voice selected for voicemail in Settings--Applications--Calls--Voicemail.

Afterward, I found that on MyVerizon you can enable the No Answer CAll Forwarding for each phone on your account on the website. That worked to restore Google Voice Voicemail on my kids' phones as well.

What a pain, but it's back in action.