Galaxy Note 3: Is it worth it to upgrade to Lollipop

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by leovew, Jun 14, 2015.

1. leovew

leovew New Member

Hello everyone! I own a Galaxy Note 3 and I have waited for AGES for my Lollipop update. But now that it's available on my country, I am having second thoughts since 1) My phone specs might not be sufficient for the OS to work at its optimal state 2)The software update available on my phone is the First Version of Lollipop and it might still be filled with bugs and might cause some apps to crash.

Do you have any insights regarding this? Your help is very much appreciated! Thanks!

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

You're kidding, right? The Note 3 has the Snapdragon 800 or the Exynos equivalent, right? That's more than enough to power Lollipop. As to your second question, you might have a point. There could be some nasty bugs awaiting you, but I don't know specifics. I'd say that the update is a better idea than not updating because KitKat and older Android versions are really starting to show age with Lollipop powering forward.

4. k9cb

k9cb New Member

I just upgraded very recently and I kind of regret it. I haven't gotten much into the nuts and bolts of everything, but just small, superficial things keep getting on my nerves. For example, the drop down menu won't let you quickly enable and disable your settings. You have to wait until it fully reaches the bottom. Maybe not that big of a deal, but it's definitely annoying if I'm trying to quickly turn on my gps while on the go.

All the menus are now blue rather than the old black, which bothers me, because I like a dark minimalist theme on my phone. I don't like the look and feel of the new keyboard either. Very subtle changes to it have been getting on my nerves. I've also noticed quite a lot of bugginess with the google voice typing that wasn't an issue previously.

In sum, I'm not happy with the upgrade, but, asteamxxlp mentioned, you'll probably have to do it eventually either way.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

When it comes to upgrades, ice always had the opinion that it's better to do them as soon as they're available. While I think there is going to be little issues here and there, these updates also incorporate important security updates aswell, so the latest version of your OS might come with a few bugs, bugs that will soon be fixed, not upgrading could have even worse consequences when it comes to the security of your phone.