Finally Showing Its Age

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by teamxxlp, Jul 26, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

The Galaxy S4 is starting to show its age with its older Snapdragon 600 SoC. My girlfriend has this device, and it's fairly sluggish on most things compared to my phone with its Snapdragon 800. She deals with it just fine, but it bothers me more and more as I notice the lag or stuttering when opening apps or switching to the task manager.

2. Loading...

3. Work4it2work

Work4it2work New Member

My S4 was starting to act up in the same manner. The processing speed when playing some of the games was really coming to a crawl. It was most likely to me basically maxing out the space on the hard drive and my SD card. The phone had a nice a run. I still use it for games. I like my S6 though. Great phone I'd recommend it if you aren't too fond of the Note models.

teamxxlp likes this.
  4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

The S4 features Adreno 320 graphics, which still beats a lot of budget and midrange devices today, but flagships are generations beyond that and offer far better graphics performance. My Nexus 5 has Adreno 330 graphics, and I can even tell the difference against the S4 there, although the N5 shows its age on some graphics-intensive games, too. As the games and apps get better, older devices are going to start to crap out. Even the Galaxy S6 will show its age in a year or two. Obviously, that's why some of us get new phones every year. ;)

5. sbatz72

sbatz72 Member

After reading this perhaps, I will be upgrading from my iPhone 5C and getting the Galaxy 5 or something. I guess it would stand to reason that the Galaxy is now on version 6 and that the 4 would be showing its age.