Favorite iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Danielle Davidson, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I've only had two iPhones in my life, but I would have to say that my favorite iPhone would have to be the 4. The reason being that it was the most durable phone that I've had. Yes, I had to replace the back multiple times because I would keep dropping my phone, but my phone didn't start slowing down after that. I now have the 5c and while it's a good phone, it's not my favorite. I like the new updates and the fact that I have Siri now, but the 4 will always be my favorite. So, what's your favorite iPhone and why?

2. Loading...

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

My first iPhone was the 3, then the 4. Then I had the 5, well, for about 4 days and then I gave up on Apple altogether and converted to android. IPhones are very restricted for me and while I'm not saying they're bad devices, I think the OS is badly out of date now, and needs completely reworking.

4. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Yeah, that's the whole point of the iPhone's. They aren't supposed to be like the Androids because you can't customize them. I've read through Steve Job's book and he talks about that. When he was making his products he wanted to make sure that he was in complete control over them. I forget what computer he was making, but when he made it he wanted to make sure that no one but his people could get inside it to fix it. In that sense, he wanted to be in control of all his devices. Just like his phones. That's why the iPhones don't have slots in them to add extra memory, and the only way that you can change the phone is to jailbreak it. Which is bad in itself, because it's a good way to break the phone. I just think that there are certain people who like being able to change up their phone more and that's why they make the change from the iPhone. For me personally, I just like the overall look of the phone. Apple phones are the only one that I will buy. I've had androids and I wasn't a huge fan of them. I think that they have some really awesome features that I wish the iPhone would get, but they just aren't the phone for me.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

A lot comes down to personal preference when your talking about phones. The popularity of both Apple and the android devices proves that there's a market out there for both.

For the consumer that can only be a good thing, major manufacturers competing against each other will always be better for the customers.

6. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

Yes, I have to agree. It's funny though because most of these phones are starting to have some of the same features. The iPhone has the same texting in a sense as the Android phones. They seem like now they are starting to copy different things from one another. I had a Galaxy phone and I loved the way the texting was, so I"m happy that Apple changed the way the texting was. Otherwise, both the Android and Apple phones are great. It's just all about what you like personally.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

iOS and android have tended to blend into one in recent years, like you say by copying each others features. I'm not entirely sure if this us a good thing or not, especially for the Apple users who I think used to like the individuality they got from the iPhone.

8. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

I think that in its own way that it can be a good thing. I've had two Android phones, and I can say that my favorite thing Apple did with their phones is the texting. They have now made it more like the Android phones. It's great because that was the one thing that I've always wanted Apple to do with their phones. I think that yes like you said some people may see this as bad. I mean the iPhones are in a class by themselves so you can't really hate on them for making changes so that more people will want to buy their phones.

9. JayWifi

JayWifi New Member

My favorite iPhone is probably the 5C. It runs smoothly and does everything I would like it to do. While it may not be as customizable as android, it still gets the job done. This is also my first iPhone as well (I had an iPod Touch before this).

10. Danielle Davidson

Recognized Member

@JayWifi I'm actually quite surprised to hear that. I have that phone and I'm not a huge fan of it. When I went to pick out my new phone I wanted to 5, but they weren't selling it in the stores then. Since I can't go two years without breaking my phone, I didn't want to get the iPhone 5s, so I settled for the 5c. I mean it's not a bad phone, just not the one that I would have chosen. It is a good phone even though isn't not a Android.