Fake iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfab, May 3, 2015.

1. jfab

jfab Member

Are you aware that there are fake iPhone 6 out there? Like the ones they say is Made in Korea? Have you encountered one?

2. Loading...

3. Torialou

Torialou New Member

I think there are fake versions of all phones out there, in the past I owned a fake Samsung Galaxy S3, a friend bought it abroad and I needed a cheap phone for work. I found it was really not anywhere near as good as the genuine item and ended up selling it on fairly fast.

I hear a lot of people saying that they are as good as the real phone's because they are made by the same factories but I did not find this to be the case on the one I owned, I would also be worried about it over heating when charging or something.

I have to admit I have not seen a fake Iphone 6 though! Why do you ask?

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Like the above post says, there are fake versions around of every device, my advice is if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is.

When buying devices such as thesez it's always best to buy from a reputable supplier, while they might be more expensive, in the long run paying the extra is definitely worth it.

5. japanesewaterbottle

japanesewaterbottle New Member

Like pwarbi said, unless you can tell the difference between the fake phones and the real ones, you have to buy from reputable sources. It doesn't surprise me at all that there are fake iPhones. I've personally seen many fake Apple devices, like fake iPods.

pwarbi likes this.
  6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While I do think Apple is probably the most copied brand, there does seem to have been a rise in fake versions of the others aswell. The Samsung S6 being just one example.

7. japanesewaterbottle

That's true. I think the fakers (for lack of a better term) started with Apple because of the prestige associated with it. Since it's a lucrative business, they've moved on to making fake versions of other popular gadgets. Unfortunately, many people knowingly buy fake products because they're cheap.

8. jfab

jfab Member

I know some people who have fake iPhone 6 and they say it's just like the original! I was wondering if any of you would consider resorting to a fake one if it's just the same anyway?

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I'm sure that there might be some good copies going around, I'm just not too sure that they'll be able to cope with any updates that come along.

It's all very well having a fake phone, but in a few months time it might be out of date and maybe even unusable if it can't cope with the updates.

10. japanesewaterbottle

It's true that you probably won't be able to update the fake iPhones or Samsung phones. There's also the issue of a lack of quality control in fake products. If the battery explodes on you -- and some batteries, especially fake ones, have been known to do this -- no one is accountable.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Well that's another issue, I'm not sure you'll be getting any guarantee or warranty either so if, or should I say when it goes wrong, you'll be losing your money.

For me it's definitely not worth the risk but others might think differently...

12. japanesewaterbottle

I agree with you. I don't think it's worth the risk at all. You're not just risking the money you paid for the fake device, but you're essentially risking your health and well-being as well.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

There's probably pro's and con's to buying one of these devices. Personally I'd rather have an older generation of phone that I know I can trust rather than a flagship version that I'll always be worried about using just in case something happens.

Peace of mind is a huge deal when it comes to what device your using.

14. japanesewaterbottle

You hit the nail right on the head. Peace of mind is worth a lot. I don't want to have an unreliable phone that can explode or break down at any time.

15. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Are you talking about Xiaomi, the smartphone company that has copied Apple in nearly every way? The CEO models himself after Steve Job's for Christ's sake. It's kind of embarrassing, though the company has started to make its own designs and whatnot more often than in the past. They just released an iPhone 5C clone, though. Blatant knockoffs of a device trying to masquerade as that device are fairly rare, unless you're buying your devices from an unscrupulous seller.

Example: http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/apple-copycat-xiaomi-warns-knockoff/

16. japanesewaterbottle

I don't think Xiaomi is considered as a fake iPhone manufacturer. These phones, while I would agree that they look like copies of the iPhone, are clearly labeled as Xiaomi phones. They are a legitimate company, and if Apple wants to sue them, they can. The devices mentioned in this thread are those that are masquerading as real iPhones.

17. TitanDolphin1

TitanDolphin1 New Member

I’m pretty sure that there are quite a few fake iPhone 6s out there but I think there are many more genuine iPhone 6s. I’ve never seen a fake iPhone 6 so I can’t really differentiate them but what I know for a fact is that if the Phone is lighter or heavier than the real one then it’s most likely fake. If you see someone selling an iPhone 6 for less $400(with the exceptions of mobile carriers) then you know that it’s probably fake.

18. japanesewaterbottle

There may just be more fake iPhone 6's than real ones. The fake iPhone 6's are made in China for a really cheap price. These are then distributed mostly to poorer countries where people readily buy them.

19. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

We all know there are fakes out there. However, I feel bad for the people that are usually unaware. But they usually find out the hard way when they can't run certain programs or download certain updates/firmwares.

20. japanesewaterbottle

The worst way to find out would be, again, to have the phone explode on you.

If it wasn't for the danger, it would probably have been best for people not to find out after they've bought the item that it was fake. Ignorance is bliss.