External SD card Memory not Recognized !

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Iamyou, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

hey Guys, i have a Galaxy S which has belong to my older brother, recently he purchase a Google nexus device and give this Galaxy S to me... the phone is nice and act good, the only problem that i have is that i bought a new 64Gb Card and when i insert it into the phone, the phone is not recognize it ... why ?

2. Loading...

3. JimSmith92

JimSmith92 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

hello mate, did you format the SD card in your PC before you install it into your phone ?

4. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

yes Jim, of course, i always do that when i buy a Memory Card or a hard disk...

5. JimSmith92

JimSmith92 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

well, sorry for dissapoint you, but i just read on the internet that Samsung Galaxy S dosen't recognize 64gb memory card, a guy was having the same problem like you and then he said that was inserted an 8Gb and it was fine... i don't know which will be the maximum supported memory, i think 32Gb, but no way 64gb :((, no matter what ROM you using, it will not be recognized by the phone...

6. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

Thank you, in this case i will need to get it back to the store and ask for an 16Gb or 32Gb, and i will have my phone with me to test it also ...
    thank you for you help mate :)

7. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Problem solved. I was going to say that maybe time had taken it's toll and the card reader is dead. I had that happen to me before. Now is it possible to upgrade the phone bios or something and get it to work with the 64gb card?