Error Downloading Apps from PlayStore

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Mohammed, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Mohammed

Mohammed Member

Hello tech guru's, i have a problem with my Galaxy S6, more exactly i cannot download and install some Google Play app's like CPU-Z, Antutu... it keep prompting me an error code : "unknown error during application install 501''

Any help would be highly appreciatted

2. Loading...

3. Blingtron5

Blingtron5 Member

There is a fix for that on the internet

1. Open “Settings“.
    2. Select “Applications“.
    3. Select “Manage Applications“.
    4. Tap the “All” tab, then scroll down and select “Google Play Store.
    5. Select “Clear cache“.
    6. Back out of the screen and select “DownloadManager”(May also be listed as “Downloads”).
    7. Select “Clear data“.
    8. clear data for “Google Services Framework“, “Google Apps“, “Google Hangouts“, and “Checkin Service“.
    Try downloading now, this has worked fine for me. I think this is valid for any Android Device, but i'm not sure yet

4. Beny

Beny Member

Just came here to say thanks!

I was having the same problem and clearing the cache fixes the issue indeed.

5. vegito12

vegito12 New Member

I, did have a couple of issues with some applications and noticed the ones with huge files can take longer to download and usually go for the ones which have smaller megabyte usage and found they download easier. Some applications took a couple of tries to download as the data was not working properly and than it did which was good to see. I, did clear the cache for one application, and it worked when that happened and the application had no issues in it which made it more enjoyable to use.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

501 errors on downloading apps, especially from trusted sites Luke the Google play store can nearly always be solved by clearing the cache.

One of the clever things about the android platform is that in theory, it know's when to clear the cache itself and how much space an app will need before you even start to install it.

Occasionally though, as you can see it tends to forget to check before it starts the install so on these occasions a manual clean is required but like the instructions posted above show, it's not a major issue and is pretty much the same process across all android devices.