Dropped my phone and the screen cracked

Discussion in 'Google Nexus' started by Beny, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Beny

Beny Member

Hi everyone
    I think I did it again ! :( I dropped my phone and the screen cracked. Not the LCD, just the glass. Now I have a cracked glass with a perfect touch ( touch works fine, has no problem ).
    Anyone knows exactly what I have to do, I need to buy a new digitizer ?

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

You'll probably have to replace the entire screen, and I don't recommend performing that replacement yourself. It might cost a pretty penny for the screen and then the labor for replacing it.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Replacing the entire screen is the only option I think. I don't think I know anywhere that will just replace one part, and if they did the price would be the same anyway so the best option will be to get the whole thing replaced in my opinion.

5. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It will probably cost in the range of $20 to $60 bucks. But it's better to have a professional fix your screen instead of trying it yourself and messing up your phone entirely

6. Philip Aiden

Philip Aiden New Member

So I dropped my new Nexus 6 on the stone patio and I absolutely hated the world. I called Google(I ordered from the GPS) up and told them what happened and to my surprise they sent a brand new one over night for FREE! I just had to send the broken one back. I love you forever Google. You da best. It looks like the one time replacement for N5 announced a few months ago may apply to the N6 or I was lucky. FYI for those of you who dropped theirs