Does the google nexus 10 need a screen protector?

Discussion in 'Google Nexus' started by Totalarmordestine, May 12, 2015.

1. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

If it has a case and doesn't it have gorilla glass? I use my tablet for drawing, and I have a feeling the reason my stylus sometimes skipped on my last tablet was because of the somewhat sticky screen protector...

Would I be better off with no screen protector?

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Low quality screen protectors will indeed interfere with touches and styluses. The fact is that screen protectors aren't necessary unless your phone is near scratchy items like keys all the time, such as in a bag or purse. Otherwise, it's not going to protect your device during a fall unless the screen doesn't crack at all. You're probably better off ditching the screen protector.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I have to admit that I also think that screen protectors are more trouble than they are worth. A lot of people think it will stop a screen from smasking or breaking and that's not the case at all. It will prevent scratching but that's all.

5. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

As the others said, it's not really worth it in this case. There are little odds that you will keep your Nexus near your keys or something scratchy, so it's probably useless. I'd recommend a silicone case with a thick surface, those might protect your tablet from breaking in case it falls.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Just another suggestion but there's also the flip cases that will protect the device all round. That might be an option to consider, although I'm not a fan of them myself.