Does Apple replace iPhone screens?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geobingshoot, Jun 8, 2015.

1. geobingshoot

geobingshoot New Member

My iPhone screen broke (it just popped and cracked, I don't know why). Does apple replace the screen on it, or would I have to replace the whole phone?

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

Yes apple does replace screens, just make a genius bar appointment at your local apple store. Any replacement screens sold online are not the same and are junky plastic screens. Its only cheaper to buy a new phone if you are eligible to, otherwise a new phone may cost up to $700.

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

To be perfectly honest, if you do not know how to replace the screen (Some sites sell only screens) it would be cheaper to buy a new phone.

I am mourning for the loss of your iPhone.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

not unless you have apple protection policy which you buy when you first get the phone which only protects for a few years

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

If the phone has an Apple warrenty then I have told that they will replace the screen as part of that. If not there is a lot of places, on line and also in the high street that will replace and repair screens for most devices. At the end of the day I think the screen is probably the first part of any device that will break or wear out the most.

8. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I called them before, and they can just replace the screen, not the phone, but it was very expensive. Call some local stores and they can do it for much cheaper.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apple? Expensive? Who'd have thought it...

I know around where I live there's a lot of shops that are advertising phone repairs and they'll fix screens on the day. I'm not sure exactly how much they charge but I bet it's a lot less than the Apple price.

10. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Apple can replace the whole screen as long as you have Apple Care. You can also check out small dog, because they might be able to do it, though I'm not sure. You want to make sure that you don't do it for super cheap. If you do, and the screen you put back on your phone isn't one that wasn't made from Apple, then it terminates your Apple Care. Which sucks, but they want to make sure that they are getting their money. And they won't have to replace the whole phone because all they do is take the phone apart and then replace the screen and put it back together after that. It will be pretty expensive though.

11. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Going through Apple is the most costly option, but it's also the best from a quality standpoint. You don't need Apple Care, but it's going to cost a lot less with it. They'll use OEM parts to get the job done, which isn't true of most third-party services regardless of what those companies claim. If it's an older iPhone model, then it might just be a better idea to get a new device because the same model is going to cost around the price of replacing the screen through the manufacturer.

ALL manufacturers charge a hefty rate for servicing their smartphones. It's not just Apple.

12. Philip Aiden

Philip Aiden New Member

Usually Apple will charge for much to replace your iPhone screens. To save money you can buy the screen replacement from good suppliers such as www.hcqs.com.cn.

13. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

If you have a warranty, they could possibly do it for free depending on the contract you have with them. They are quite expensive to replace if you don't have a warranty, to me, I would be better off with buying a new phone, an Android one. If you're loyal to Apple then you have no choice but to actually replace the screen, which I think is unreasonable if it's out of warranty.