Do you workout?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theGIJST, Jul 14, 2015.

1. theGIJST

theGIJST New Member

I've been wondering if you guys and gals workout. What kind of exercises do you do, and how often do you exercise? I've been doing push-ups two years ago, and I found this great [site](http://hundredpushups.com). They basically give you a workout plan to get to 100 push-ups in 3 to 6 weeks. I did that for a few weeks and I was able to do 40 from 20. I stopped working out and lost interest, because I fell out of sync, and I'm regretting that ever since. When I was doing push-ups, I felt a lot more confident and better about myself. I started doing them again, and I've given myself a goal to reach the end of that workout plan.

What kind of exercises do you do? Also, if you're interested, they have all kinds of challenges, like sit-ups and squats. Check on the left on their site. I know this has nothing to do with phones, but this is general discussion. :p

2. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yeah I work out a little bit. Not much but I do what I can. I do a small workout at home and as exercise of gotten into walking to places I've never been before. I'm relatively new to the place where I live now and it's quite fun exploring the new places I never knew of before.

3. theGIJST

theGIJST New Member

What kind of exercises do you do? Are you a guy or a girl, and what do you feel like improving on your body. I'd like to improve my arms and my abs. I don't want my arms too big, or anything. I just want them a little bigger, and I want them defined. Right now, my muscles are visible only when I'm flexing. :/ I wanted to have six-pack abs for a long time, but I can never get into the whole stomach workout thing, I find those exercises boring and, they haven't really done that much good for me. Abs are still not visible. :/

4. hosewalker

hosewalker New Member

I'm not a member of a gym but I take my dog for an hour long walk each day. I feel that one hour a day is enough exercise though I could do more. I'm quite a busy person so I doubt I would have the time to go to the gym even if I did get a membership. I might start playing basketball for cardio if my fitness continues to dwindle.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

My workout is just brisk walking around our neighborhood for 30 minutes to an hour. When I cannot fit that to my schedule, I have this app called the 7 minute workout which is a good way to exercise if you are in a time crunch. They also have different varieties that focus on different areas of the body that you would like to tone.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't really do some serious workout like going to the gym and sweat it out there. But once in a while, I do cardio exercises such as running, brisk walking, and jogging. Sometimes, I do sit-ups as well.

7. theGIJST

theGIJST New Member

@briannagodess Is this app available on Android? I'll check it out if it is.

Well, I should do some cardio exercises as well, but for some reason, I feel awkward jogging or running in public. I don't know why, but I always have a feeling that the people are looking at me weirdly. I'm not fat or anything, I just have a little bit of stomach, but I hate running in public, even if not for exercise. I find it awkward. Also, at this moment, a gym membership is too expensive, so that's out of the question too.

briannagodess likes this.
  8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't really workout since I don't really feel the need to. I wanted to start in the past but I didn't find the motivation needed so I just gave up. I'd like to start out one day though, so there's that. I'd love to have some muscles! :D

9. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I never used to work out as that just wasn't my style and just couldn't be bothered. But I'm going on holiday next month and have decided that I'm going to do a bit of exercise to get my body a bit more beach ready!

I've started doing a bit more cycling and also running out a local part. And when it's raining or wet outside I do some indoor exercises with the help of a app called 7minuite work out which can be quite intense!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

10. theGIJST

theGIJST New Member

@FuZyOn I know that feeling, man. Trust me, the sooner you start, the better. It will feel like a chore for a first few days, but after that, you will have a desire to workout. You will want to do the exercises. It won't feel like a chore anymore, and you're not going to forget to do it today, either. The sooner you start, the better. Also, when you stop checking yourself in the mirror all the time to see progress, you will feel a lot better. When you check yourself every day if you look better, you won't notice the differences, but if you check the progress out in a month or so, you will be astonished. Better to start sooner than later, believe me. :)

11. rebeccaj818

rebeccaj818 New Member

I work out a lot!!! I bike to work every day and its 7 miles there and then another 7 miles back and some days I work two shifts so on those days I bike 28 miles. I also start the morning off with 30 pushups and do 20 before bed. I normally try to do 30 situps before bed too but I have been getting lazy lately. We also have a bench press at my house and I bench until I get too tired to hold the weight anymore because I don't want to hurt myself by dropping it since I do it without a spotter. I also have a pullup bar I installed in the doorway to the kitchen. Every time I go in or out of the kitchen I do five pullups sort of as a punishment for eating. My dog and I also go on mile and a half runs every night. I work out a lot and it wasn't hard for me to get into those habits because that is basically what I did as a kid so I just sort of kept doing it. It just has to revolve around my adult life now.

12. rebeccaj818

rebeccaj818 New Member

There is certain cardio you can do inside. Jumping jacks, mountain climbers, and things like side kicks and stuff are great cardio that can all be done from your living room.

13. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

I have not really tried downloading it in my android phone. I only have it in my iphone. I will check it later if the play store has it.

You should try brisk walking. I am not a runner or a jogger too. I tried brisk walking as it is also a cardio exercise. It is effective in making me sweat especially since I live in a tropical country. I sweat so much just by walking!

My weight has now gotten down. My tummy has also reduced! My only problem now is my arms which would need toning and weight lifting is the answer to that. Maybe in the near future!