Do you use battery apps

Discussion in 'HTC' started by JoshK, Jul 16, 2015.

1. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Do any of you use battery saving apps at all?

I've tried quite a few and I'm still skeptical whether they actually work or not. The app I'm using now is the Snapdragon one (They make the processor), and it's finished it's week of learning etc and at the moment it's supposedly ensuring my battery last's aslong as possible. I'm not sure whether there apps work or not, or if they just clutter up my phone making the opposite happen!

Anyway, what's your thoughts and do you use any of these apps?

2. Loading...

3. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Coincidentally, I just read some article on battery apps and I didn't gather much helpful information about them. Since I was looking for something like this to extend my batter life to last for the entire day or so, but didn't really found something useful yet. Maybe sometimes in the future someone will come up with something that we can all use.

4. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

indeed! I've been looking at ways to extend my battery life and I've recently turned of Location Services as I don't always use them yet their permanently on, so I've turned them off and noticed a bit of a difference which is good!

5. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I turn off all the location services on everything on my phone pretty much, also adjust brightness too. My battery can now last a day. I only turn on location services when I know I am going to use it, such as direction in Map.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

When it comes to apps that claim to increase the life of your phone battery, I'm also sceptical ad to wether or not they work or not. I've tried a few out in the past and I have to say, I've not really noticed much difference, if any to be honest.

These already a few different ways that you can save the battery life yourself, dimming the screen brightness, turning off services that you don't need, general things like that. These ways are probably more effective than installing an app in my opinion.

7. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Do you know if there is actually any proof around anywhere that shows that these apps actually work?
    I do what you have said, I have turned my location services off, I've got it on auto screen brightness (I know I shouldent), and making sure I close apps after I use it and as you have said, mine will last the whole day!

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I'm not sure if there's any actual proof if they work or not to be honest. On most devices, if you go into the settings and the battery saving options, with a lot of configuring, you can easily get a smartphone to last a full day (depending on usage of course) but a lot of people think it's too complicated to do, adjusting the setting individually.

What these battery saving apps do is adjust these setting for you with just one or two clicks, so a lot of people will think they work and it's the app that's extended the battery life, when in reality all its done is optimize your phone setting for you, instead of you having to do it yourself.

9. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I still don't actually know whether they work or not. Some of them say that they close app's that are running in the background (After you close apps your self and from the active frame they are apparently still running), if that's what they truly do then that's beyond the control of a standard user and therefore I would assume that would save battery.

But as you have said, there are a few steps which people can take themselves such as adjust the power options themselves that will help the battery life. Myself, I've disabled the location services and recently the battery life has been pretty decent!

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

If you don't have a rooted phone then you're out of luck since without root permisions all the apps that supposedly "boost" your battery life are a complete scam. Greenify and Amplify grant me +2 hours of battery life, and I recommend them over any apps on the store.

11. sixxup

sixxup New Member

Battery apps never work. That is just a name. I think the developers cheat people so that they can install such apps. I have never installed even one operational app.

12. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I suppose there is no proof to say they do work or proof to say they dont work really. And as you said they just want you to download it so possibly you earn them money by clicking on ads etc. Kind of backs up my theory that they also spy on your data and sell it on etc.

13. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

I do not use any apps to save my battery. I am not sure if they really work and they just eat up space on my phone. Keeping the brightness low, the volume on mute and closing all apps help me maintain my battery. My phone can last a whole day through this.

14. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Dont think having your phone on mute would help with battery level to be honest (I may be wrong). But I can see that if you do have on mute, you may not answer your phone when you get a call or a notification therefore not actually using your phone, so in that case I can see where your coming from!

15. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

@JoshK
    I keep the volume on mute so that there will be no sounds when I use the keyboard or when I lock the phone. This saves me some battery life. But what you said is actually true because I seldom see notifications since my phone is on mute lol.

16. JoshK

JoshK Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The keyboard sound was annoying for me but you can turn it off on the M9, and there is no noise when you lock your phone so except for the example I gave I dont see why you should need to have your volume down.