Do you think the M9 will be worth buying in 3 months?

Discussion in 'HTC' started by SecretlyTaco, Apr 26, 2015.

1. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco New Member

Apr 26, 2015
    I'm going to get a phone upgrade in about 3 months, and there are always new android phones being released all throughout the year, so I think this is a good measure of whether the phone is really any good. In three months, would this phone still be good enough that you'd buy it to use for 2 years?

2. Loading...

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Personally I'd definitely feel safe buying a M9 and keeping it for another 2 years. HTC are well know for keeping their models up to date and making sure that any android updates are supported.

The M9 is a brilliant phone, might not be as fashionable as the Samsung or the iPhone but sometimes it's best to not follow the crowd.

HTC have won the best smartphone award for the last 2 years aswell don't forget so they must be doing something right.

4. jfab

jfab Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    If you think this is the phone for you, then I say it's worth buying no matter what date you decide. It's of good quality though so go for it.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    The only issue might be that the M10 is already being planned so if they announce a date this year, it might be worth waiting a little longer but that's probably the only reason not to get the M9 just yet.

6. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco New Member

Apr 26, 2015
    That's true, although the differences between each of the One M* phones isn't that big, so it might not be a big problem when the new one does come out.

7. vegito12

vegito12 New Member

Apr 20, 2015
    Male
    Tv Ad extra
    New Zealand
    I think it will be good in the coming months and also, it may also be cheaper as well and also it is a good smarphone to get and also nice to use as well. I reckon the design is good and also something different as well and also, may be good with the screen and also touchscreen use in the phone. I would wait until, I see the reviews and also how the phone works and also it will be good to see what people say about it and than buy it.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    The difference won't be huge between the M9 and the M10 but the price might be? Even if the M10 does come out, theM9 will still be a worthy phone to purchase.

Like I said before, the M7 is still a decent phone and that's 2 or 3 years old now, so I wouldn't have any issues buying a HTC thats not the flagship device, even though it is for now.

9. kofter128

kofter128 New Member

May 5, 2015
    Male
    Definitely. As others have said, HTC are well-known for their quality devices and long-term support. The M9 will definitely be a things for a couple of years now. I for example, bought a Galaxy S2 in 2012, a year after its release. I still use it to this day as my everyday phone and it manages to satisfy me just fine. So if you are worried if the M9 would be nice to have for at least two years, it will be. Go for it.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    For a lot if people that's the main question, not how good the phone will be but how long will it be supported for. The HTC ONE M7 is still getting all the latest updates so HTC is definitely a company that won't let their customers down in that respect.

11. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

May 16, 2015
    I believe it will be a great buy, don't worry if it's got less street cred than it's rivals. With HTC you get good value, great features at a reasonable price. These phones are also known to be quite reliable and I won't be surprised if you're still using it 2 years down the line. Generally if you ask around you will get good feedback about HTC and their M series.

pwarbi likes this.
  12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    HTC is definitely regarded as the underdog when it comes to Samsung and Apple.

Reviews have given HTC smartphone of the year for the past few years now, so if nothing else that shows they're quality devices.

13. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco New Member

Apr 26, 2015
    One thing I am worried about is that I'll be buying a non nexus device, and I don't know how long after release it would continue to receive software updates. I feel weird enough now not having the newest phone, I'm sure I'd feel even worse when I can't even get the newest software version.

All my smartphones I've had so far are either nexus devices or iPhones, and neither of those ever have to wait for updates.

14. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    As I think I've said in a previous post, HTC are still sending updates out to their M7 device so it's nothing to worry about.

While HTC might not be as popular as other manufacturers, if you look at the customer reviews they come out very well in customer satisfaction and people that do own HTC's are more than happy with their choice.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Male
    The M9 is a good device, not the best among today's flagships but it gets the job done. Since you're going to upgrade in 3 months I strongly recommend you hold out until the Nexus line is announced. I've heard that this year's Nexus is going to be an awesome device and it's also going to get more updates than an HTC device.
    Just my 0.02$.

16. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Where nexus is concerned, it's always going to get the updates before any other phone, due to it being owned by Google, who also run the android OS. Personally I've never been a big fan of the devices, they seem a bit, slow to me for some reason. I'll have to see what they've got lined up for the future though.