Do you prefer big or smaller phones?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theGIJST, Jul 17, 2015.

1. theGIJST

theGIJST New Member

I'm currently using a 5.0 inch LG bello, and that seems to be the perfect size for me. When I had a smaller phone, I didn't like it and it was too small for my hands, and it just felt silly. The Bello's screen is large and everything can be seen perfectly even from a distance, though the resolution could be a little higher. That's the only drawback, currently. I hate those phones that are huge, however. I don't want to go around carrying a laptop to my ear. Not literally, of course.

2. Loading...

3. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My phone is 4'6, at least the screen is anyway I think and I find that to be more than big enough for me. I did look at a bigger one but it didn't feel comfortable in my hand. The one I have now feels fantastic and it's the best size for me. Not too big, not too small, and not lacking in power either.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I preffer nothing more than 5.5" but I can't stand anything below 5". I really like big and beautiful phones and I think that at least 5" is the way to go these days.

5. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

What's the highest size of phone you would go? My sister showed me her new phone that was really big, must have been 6 or 6'5 and I remember thinking how reminiscent it was to phones of the 80's! I think it was either an LG or a Samsung.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

5.2" really does the job for me, but I don't mind a little bit larger up until 5.5". I think that 5-5.2" is the right fit :p. How far would you go, Susimi?

7. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

4'6 for me is more than enough. Anything else just feels a little too cumbersome for me and doesn't really feel good for me. The bigger phones are nice but they are just not for me, so 4'6 is perfect for me :D

8. k9cb

k9cb New Member

Bigger for sure. I love the note screen. It's better for reading and better for watching. I can see how it would be kind of bulky for some, but it doesn't give me any problems.

With anything super small, like an iphone, I feel like I'm going to break it.

9. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I personally prefer smaller phones, not as small as flip phones, but a phone that I can handle easily I guess. Because there are phones that I hardly can hold with one hand, which is pretty weird because I have big hands, buy yeah I guess the Iphone 5 size is the right size, but it's just my oppinion.

10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I am currently using a 4.5-inch android phone, but I wouldn't mind having a phone bigger than that, a 5.2-inch phone would still be fine to me.

11. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

I prefer medium sized phones. My current phone is the iphone 5s. I even have a smaller phone which is an alcatel phone that is not a touch screen but a flip phone that is just for texting. I prefer the medium sized phone as I have small hands. Large phones are too bulky and cannot fit my hands.

I use my iphone for chatting, research and social media. Its screen is perfect enough for me. I tried using my hubby's iphone 6 which is really huge and I got irritated. Lol. I probably will stick to the iphone 5s for a while.

My texting phone is just an ordinary small phone. I love that it looks like a compact powder and most people adored it lol. I do not text with my iphone as I do not want it to be overused or even seen by robbers in our place.

12. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think my iPhone 5 has the 4" diagonally and it is a tad small for me. The 5" would have been so much better. I have seen the iPhone 6 plus, and it is huge! I am thinking of how to carry it in my pocket, so the 5-inch would suit me just fine.

13. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think 4.6" to about 5.5" would be more than enough for a phone. That's large enough to see everything, but not too large to hold for calls or other tasks. I don't mind a little heft to it, but don't want to be carrying a phone the size of a tablet, nor as heavy as a cinderblock.

14. linguini

linguini New Member

I used to like it smaller than wide and big for some reasons. Right now I mostly do transactions online and I need some bigger screens to accomplish that. That made me use my tablet more compared with my phone because that is practically the best option to do so. Should I purchase a new phone I will go for the bigger one.

Luke Lee and Diane Lane like this.
  15. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Sometimes our needs change, and as a result, the type of devices we're attracted to change as well. I used to have a smart phone with a stylus that I really liked, but I didn't use it much at the time. Now that I'm focused in another direction professionally, I've begun thinking that a stylus might actually be very helpful. I also miss my slide out keyboard, even though it made the phone a lot thicker and heavier.

16. David Lopez

David Lopez Member

A 5 inch phone is the best sized i have tried. I think this sized is very comfortable to carry you can see or watch videos good with this size. I also love 5.5 but i wont carry it in public specially receiving calls. Its like i am using a lunch box for a call. LOL

17. Luke Lee

Luke Lee New Member

I'm currently using a 6.5 inch iRULU V3 cell phone. I spend most time watching videos on the large screen,and the battery life's awesome.Just like using a small tablet.

18. ealltech

ealltech New Member

I am currently using a 4.5-inch android phone, but I wouldn't mind having a phone bigger than that, a 5.2-inch phone would still be fine to me.

19. MarvinJYuhas

MarvinJYuhas New Member

Recently I buy a new phone which is dual screen phone of 5” full HD screen. It is helpful for seeing videos online or saved a video. Even sometimes I prefer to watch the movie on my smartphone.

20. David Bullock

David Bullock New Member

I like smartphone minimum having 5" size. It is comfortable for watching videos and playing games.