Do you like the Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kyler, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

What's your view on the Apple watch? Do you like it? Do you hate it? Why?

2. Loading...

3. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think the concept is a neat idea but at the same time I find myself thinking it's somewhat useless due to being able to do all the things it can do but on a phone. Some might say it's an easier way of doing things, but really how hard is it to pull a phone out from your pocket?

Nice concept but I think it's trying to solve a problem that never even existed.

Yosh likes this.
  4. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It's just a fad that apple is trying to exploit. What purpose does a small over priced iphone have? You can't use it because the touchscreen is too damn small.

MarvinJYuhas likes this.
  5. Yosh

Yosh New Member

Susimi's got it right. It's an interesting idea, but its got not real practical use I can think of. Plus, the battery life is dreadful.

6. MikeOh

MikeOh New Member

True. I feel like people would just buy it because it's Apple. But when it comes to functionality, why would I buy a watch that acts like my phone when I have a watch and a phone.

7. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It makes no sense does it? I have thought that these companies bringing out tech like this are trying to make the average person lazier.

8. Yosh

Yosh New Member

That sounds about right! Of course, if it makes absolutely anything even the slightest bit easier, people will jump onto the bandwagon and support it. I guess that's why all that infomercial stuff sells!

9. MikeOh

MikeOh New Member

Yes! But we all know that there are really Apple fanboys and fangirls out there who will buy anything Apple. We can't blame them though. I just hope that people who buy it get their money's worth because as far as I can see it, it's not.

10. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I agree, some people will buy it because it's an Apple product, but to me it's more of a novelty than an actual device that I would use. I wouldn't buy it because it's too small, and it wouldn't be practical for me, because I'm always sticking my hands under water, or I'd forget and wear it into the water at the beach.

11. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't even know what is the purpose of the Apple Watch. I see the icon in my last update, and now it sits on my phone being useless. I wouldn't be able to do anything on that tiny screen giving the fact that I already having a hard time doing anything on my phone, except for making phone calls and answering texts. The price for it is also outrageous!

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think it's overpriced and I don't like the shape of it. I have the Moto 360 and I think it's way better than what Apple have to offer. I like the shape, battery life and I can't wait for the 2nd gen to come out.

Diane Lane likes this.
  13. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Is the Moto 360 a smart watch, also? I don't wear a watch much these days, so really wouldn't have much of a use for it, and it's out of my budget, as well, but I can see the attraction for some who want to have the latest gadget to show off.

I think many will feel the same as @IcyBC, that the screen is too small, and that it wouldn't be practical or functional for their purposes, since the device is so small.

IcyBC likes this.
  14. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think that it's just another way that Apple can make money. Apple is pretty slow in the game when it comes to those smart watches. There are so many other companies out there who make ones that are just as good. It's just a huge waste of money if you do buy these. They make them so overpriced just because they are from Apple. Which means that you're just paying for the name brand. It's an over glorified iPhone that is small.

15. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't really quite comprehend why Apple would create such a thing. I mean, who would ever buy that stuff? That Apple Watch is just too difficult to use and navigate because it is too small. I really don't get this one. And no, I don't like it at all.

16. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't like it but I don't hate it either, I'm in a middle point. For me it seems kind of unnecessary, you can do all that stuff in your phone or iPod! But there is always something for everyone and I've know some people who absolutely love it and that's fine, but I don't get what's so wonderful about it.

17. ealltech

ealltech New Member

I think it's overpriced and I don't like the shape of it. I have the Moto 360 and I think it's way better than what Apple have to offer. I like the shape, battery life and I can't wait for the 2nd gen to come out.

18. David Lopez

David Lopez Member

It's a pretty nice watch and it's neat, only the design what i love about it.

19. anwarabir

anwarabir New Member

Nice watch and i love this watch because of it's design :)

20. MarvinJYuhas

MarvinJYuhas New Member

I like to use the phone having at least 4.3" of screen. It's boring for me to use such a small screen phone and that to cost a lot.