Do you have a tracking app on your phone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FuZyOn, Jul 22, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

You know, just in case you lose your phone or it gets stolen you're going to be able to track it from your PC and hopefully recover it. Cerberus is the best one for this type of stuff in my opinion since it even stays on your phone after a factory reset.

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My iPhone 5 came with something like that "Find My Phone" I think.

I was thinking about tracking someone's whereabout when I saw the title :), since I just saw an app in this same manner, and kind of curious if someone actually use this and how they install it on another person's phone without the password.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

@FuZyOn I probably won't be taking the tablet out of the house much, so I've decided not to put a tracker on it, at least for now. If that changes, I definitely will consider it.

@IcyBC I'd definitely have a tracker on a device if I had children, mainly for safety, not to check up on where they were, unless there were issues of that sort already.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Some parents put tracking apps on their kids phones and they can also shut them down from home if something happens which I think it's really cool but also kind of overprotective.

6. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My son is 16 and I don't have the pass code to his phone! I agree with you about over-protective, and I also think it is an invasive of personal privacy, as I do believe in giving the person some respects. If you treat someone with respect, the outcome would be more favorable than not.

A tracking apps would be a fine thing to use if the kids are notoriously known to get in trouble though!

7. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think my Z3C came with some sort of tracking app but I'd have to check that out for sure. If it hasn't then I doubt I would get a tracking app because I don't really see the need to. I keep my phone with me a lot and don't let it out of my sight so it's pretty safe at the moment.