Do you earn money online?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GenevB, May 15, 2015.

1. GenevB

GenevB New Member

Hello everyone, I want us to discuss in this topic where do you get your extra money from, I know for sure a few of us does it online. Nowadays there are a lot of places where you can do micro jobs and get paid for, you can do freelancing, microjobs, and the list could go on and on. How many of you are working online for some little extra cash and how much do you earn per week?

2. Loading...

3. adfnio

adfnio New Member

I'm a content writer for several blogs and forums. That seems to be the most legit work a have found and it pays on time. There are a lot of scams out there and one of the ways you can point them out instatnly is when they ask you for money to join or for a membership.

I also do PTC sites. I have about 70 referrals and that brings in a staedy flow of daily dollars.

4. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Traffic exchanges are going to be my next project to make some serious money. That seems to be the most lucrative at the moment and it won't cost as much to start up.

Having the highest paying PTC sites help also. Some do give 100% referral commissions.

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I have a few shops online, sell in Facebook groups, and also occasionally sell on eBay, but nothing brings in a steady income, so I also provide content, test websites, and do online jury studies. I'm always open to finding new ways to bring in a little money. I added the 'little' in there, because I have yet to find anything that brings in a stable, decent amount of money. I think it would help if we didn't waste so much time trying to wade through the everpresent scams, in search of legitimate opportunities.

I have yet to do anything with referrals, since most people I know wouldn't be interested in referrals. I am going to look into affiliations, and potentially starting another blog to use for that purpose, since that seems to be how many people make the majority, or at least a large chunk, of their online income.

6. snowmanpoint88

snowmanpoint88 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yup. I do various online writing jobs. I also work as a virtual assistant sometimes. When I am in between jobs, earning money online is a quick and easy way to make both ends meet.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Recognized Member

What type of tasks do you perform as a virtual assistant? Do you feel well compensated for the effort you expend? I haven't ventured into that realm yet, but am considering it. Are there any particular companies you would recommend?

8. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I used to write for blogging sites, but the website has since gone down. It is harder to earn a cent there and it is not worth my time, Other than that, nothing else seems to be working for me. I do try using some money earning apps, one called Yappem, allows you to post about products and you get paid in gift cards such as ebay and amazon, bring in a litte extra something.

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Diane Lane

Recognized Member

That sounds interesting @Miaka_M, Thanks for posting about it. I've never heard of Yappem, although I have heard of other such apps, so will have to check into it. I'm glad you've found something that works for you, because it does seem to be getting more and more difficult to earn money online.

10. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I also do different things to make some pocket money. They are not making me rich but they help paying a couple of bills now and then. I just hope to find something stable enough to say that I am earnings! Right now, it is a collection of pennies over a long time.

11. Diane Lane

Recognized Member

Facebook groups have been dead lately as far as selling items. I'm working on some new products for my online shops, and am teaching myself a couple of new techniques to make others. I usually have an increase in sales during the Summer, so I'm hopeful that will pick up, to compensate for the decrease in other online income.

12. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Sometimes I do, sometimes not. I would say that it more depends on my time and what I can actually do. Anyone could earn money online, you don't really require a lot of intelligence or effort to actually do that, which is pretty cool. I think that there are a lot of opportunities out there, such as writing articles on websites and people will pay for them, advertising for people, blogging, making educational videos, evaluating certain things like a survey. I don't think a lot of them are very profitable, but some, if you work really hard you can make quite a lot of money.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I do, actually. I'm working part-time as a freelance writer and I'm also looking to start software development. It's going to be very hard to start but it's worth every second that I'm going to invest in this career.
    I hope that one day I'm going to provide the store with some nice apps that a lot of people are going to enjoy.

#12 FuZyOn, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  14. Aquar

Aquar New Member

Let's just say not enough at all. I really wish I could just give them up and get a real job (online or off doesn't matter as long as the offline one was a close distance) but I do them because I don't feel right unless I'm earning money. Without them I wouldn't have been able to go to concerts or travel to Sea World but I've gotten so tired of doing them lately. I drudge on doing a few at once but they often feel so meaningless to me. The only one that isn't meaningless is obviously paid to post.

Diane Lane likes this.
  15. Brittney Stevens

Brittney Stevens New Member

I work as a part-time freelance writer, which does not earn the minimum wage, but does help me keep spending money in my pocket. I also participate in numerous online surveys on a daily basis, which pay me fairly quickly.

16. MikeOh

MikeOh New Member

I work as a freelance transcriptionist and it really depends on how much time you dedicate to see how much you earn. I earn around $50 a week with it. I just do it during my extra time since I also have a day job. There's a lot of transcription companies out there who hire home-based employees.

17. llfsa

llfsa New Member

I do a lot of trading on sports betting. Pays decent enough once you're into it.

18. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I do a lot online so that I can earn money, but I also use apps. Right now I would say that I earn around $40 a week. I mean it's not bad when you think about it because there isn't much that I'm doing. Writing here and there, that isn't much work at all. Plus, it's something that I love to do. I love writing about things that I like, so to me it isn't work at all. Plus with the apps, I just leave them running and make money from watching videos.

19. Diane Lane

Recognized Member

I've sold 2 items on eBay this week, but I don't necessarily consider it as income, since they were my personal items, and I'm still waiting for payment from one buyer. I'll also be replacing a gadget with some of the money, which will help me earn money online, so although it's not exactly income, it will hopefully help me earn more in the future.

20. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I work online as a freelance writer. I could say that I am earning decent money from doing small/basic tasks on the internet and at the comfort of my own home. I love the convenience of it all. I am actually thinking of creating my own mobile app or building my own website and try to monetize it. However, I would still want to pursue a more stable career in life.

21. kitkat8673

kitkat8673 New Member

Yes, I do work online. I make my money through survey sites Swagbucks and Mintvine. I also do product testing through a site called bzzagent. I also sell things on ebay. I made a lot of money selling clothes ,my old ugg boots, and collector dolls. But, now I don't do that so much because I ran out of things to sell.