Do you consider M7 is still worth it?

Discussion in 'HTC' started by pwarbi, Apr 15, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Even though the HTC ONE M7 as now been replaced by the M8 and now the brand new M9, would you still consider this model instead of the others if the price was right?

Theres a few companies here in the UK that are offering the M7 at a rock bottom price. Are the M8 and the M9 worth the extra money, or would you still be quite happy to own the HTC ONE M7?

#1 pwarbi, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  2. Loading...

3. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 New Member

I still have my HTC One M7 even though I upgraded to an iPhone 6 Plus because I still like to mess around with Android. The M7 is upgraded to the latest version of Lollipop and it still works great. Everything is very responsive and it still handles everything I throw at it. If you can find one for dirt cheap then I highly recommend it. I think the cameras were updated with the M9 but other than that I doubt you'll notice much of a difference.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Being a HTC ONE fan myself, I upgraded from the M7 to the M8 and I've now got the M9 so you could say I'm a bit of an expert when it comes to these phones.

On a strict comparison, the M9 is definitely the better phone, it just seems more refined, but then again I guess it would do considering its the 2nd upgrade.

As you say, HTC are still delivering the latest android updates to all the range of phones so that's something to be commended aswell, as a lot of manufacturers tend to forget about the older models.

The M7 is still a very very good phone and at the prices you can get one now, I'd definitely still recommend one.

5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Well, of course the M9 is a better device, considering it's two years newer with a better processor and better cameras.

The old M7 is rocking a Snapdragon 600 SOC, which is still more than capable of handling most tasks and even a little multitasking. You might run into trouble trying to play newer, more resource intensive games, but that's not a huge deal. Fans of devices with smaller screens will like the M7 for its 4.7-inch screen, and that aluminum build is still classic to this day.

pwarbi likes this.
  6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Of course, and that's why I said in comparison...

I think the HTC ONE M7 set a benchmark to which all the other manufacturers had to take note of and try to catch up to. While there's no doubt that the M7 now might look a bit dated, it's certainly not a phone that's going to become obsolete anytime soon and that's also a testament to just how good it actually was.

7. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco New Member

I think it's important to note that just because a faster phone has come out, it doesn't make the older phones any slower. Obviously the newer phones are going to run faster, but if an M7 has everything you want from a phone, I say go for it.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

It's definitely true that some of the older phones are more than capable of still competing with the new ones.

The only important thing to look at maybe, is the updates and if the manufacturer Stoll supports the device, and in the case of the M7, HTC are still delivering the updates and will for a whole to come yet I think.

9. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco New Member

I think with a device this popular, even after it's not supported officially anymore it's going to be updated by someone else.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Your probably right but by that time it WILL be time to look at a different device. If HTC support the phone for another 18 months, then overall this handset will be about 4 years old by then so then I doubt it would still be worth it.