Do you believe in God?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GenevB, May 15, 2015.

1. GenevB

GenevB New Member

I know this is a question that goes really deep, but try and short your feelings about it into a message. From my point of view, there might be a higher entity, not necessarily the God that different religions told us about, just a higher entity, but its existence can't be proven. I think that makes me an agnostic.

2. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'm open to the idea of a god but I'm not really sure if I believe in one. I like to take a scientific view on things but when I think about the complexities of the universe, it makes me think that maybe there is something that created all of this.

3. snowmanpoint88

snowmanpoint88 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yes, I believe in God. I used to be an atheist, so this is really a BIG change for me. My faith in Him was renewed when I encountered a difficulty in life. I haven't prayed in years then. Because I was so lonely and down, I couldn't talk to anybody. My friends were too busy with their own problems and lives. I turned to God then. He answered my prayers in an instant. :)

4. adfnio

adfnio New Member

Nope. If he hasn't appeared in front of me and prove his own existence, then there is no point in believing in a imaginary character. He is on the same playing field and Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

5. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Atheist here. I don't believe in god at all. There is no proof that he exist. All of the stories that are written in the bible and any other text is fantasy tales of mysticism, made up by primitive and crude men.

6. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think that i'm an agnostic too, I do not consider myself atheist because I think that universe is a tremendously wonderful and extremely complicated thing to consider that we have been created for nothing, or exist for nothing... and I’m not sure what the reason of our existence is but I guess that there is a reason... but in conclusion I think that there is something bigger than us, I'm not sure if it is a being with human form or a simple force , but I think it’s there.

7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I do believe in God. I do believe we are not here on earth just out of mere accident. I know each one of us is here for a reason. We have a purpose in this lifetime. I may not be that religious who follows everything the church says, but I am highly spiritual.

8. ApexBlue

ApexBlue New Member

I don't believe in God because he is a social construct that is ultimately created by man. Sure, I can find comfort in the idea of there being some greater purpose to all that we do in life, but I don't believe an old man in the sky is watching and judging everything that we do. I am more agnostic then anything, but when God's name is used to justify invading a country or massacring innocents, I call B.S. on that. It's just pointing finger to an imaginary and illogical ideology.

9. hosewalker

hosewalker New Member

I don't believe in god. Everyone I know believes and I don't mind that they do but I just don't believe myself. I like the idea of god and its nice to have something to believe in but I don't think that god is real. I wish that I could believe in something as strongly as people devoted to the church do but I just don't have it in me.

10. Aquar

Aquar New Member

I guess I would be considered an agnostic as well. I don't know how the world would just be created randomly. It just doesn't make sense to me. Everything in life has a creator but at the same time how would it matter if there was one? When you take a look at all the disasters and trauma in the world, would a creator change anything? The creator is either not powerful enough to fix it or for whatever reason just doesn't want to. I can say one thing for sure if there is a god they don't care about me or my life wouldn't have been so messed up.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'm agnostic, really. I do believe in God but not the one that people see, but one that is kind and helps me everytime I need him. I don't see God as a punisher.