Direct dial widget for Samsung Galaxy S6

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Oliver, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Oliver

Oliver Member

Sorry for posting such a nub question but I simply cannot find the option that allows me to add Direct Dial widget / shortcut on the home screen of my Samsung Galaxy S6.

The one touch dial is something I use regularly on my S5.

Can anyone help me and explain how to add direct dial widget on S6?

2. Loading...

3. Blingtron5

Blingtron5 Member

This feature is no longer present in the Samsung Galaxy S6.

Too bad, I really liked this feature. Maybe there is some app in the Google Play Store that can enable this but not sure.

4. Oliver

Oliver Member

Well that's a bummer.

Will try to look for an app that allows me to add direct dial shortcut on the home screen..

5. Harry

Harry Visitor
    Visitor

6. jjj

jjj Visitor
    Visitor

7. jjj

jjj Visitor
    Visitor

'Shortcut dial' in play store. I had a same problem.

8. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yes yes, the feature has been removed for god knows why. I like it as well. I'm sure if public demand is high they they might bring it back somehow.

9. Live

Live Visitor
    Visitor

Honestly ... The stupidity of Samsung and whichever engineer/programmer took the option of the widget for direct dial and direct message is a moron.
    If that person or department would like to contact me I would be more than willing to tell them over the phone or directly if they wanted to speak to someone who can not see any logic for removing two simple widgets which were a part of the three options of widgets ( contact - direct dial - direct message)
    There is no excuse for this type of over sight and actually there is no better word than stupidity.
    It is still on there Note 4 and other Samsung product.
    The App Store has some options (short cut dial). It only shows the persons name but not whether it was a mobile, home or business. I used two or three direct dials for my contacts and that feature on the native widget was great.

10. New to S6

New to S6 Visitor
    Visitor

I agree with what people said. Samsung really messed up with this. An alternative is to use speed dials. To configure a number for speed dial, long pres the number, then follow the prompts. The downside is that you have to remember which is which. Direct Dial from the Play Store works well. To solve the Home/Cell/Work question - a work around is to create a different contact for each, then you can load them into Direct Dial.

11. Carl

Carl Visitor
    Visitor

12. Carl

Carl Visitor
    Visitor

They want you to use their wave motion feature you touch the contact and then bring the phone to your ear and it automatically dials
    I guess this would be okay if you didn't use bluetooth but it's kind of a pain to have to pick up the phone and put it to your ear then put it back down again.

13. inde

inde Visitor
    Visitor

14. inde

inde Visitor
    Visitor

Stupid of them to remove the direct call.
    Not every time u pick the phone and bring to ear.
    I have always used it when connected to car Bluetooth.
    I was just so easy...and now the Darn feature is gone.

15. Jalek

Jalek New Member

I also liked the feature very much I really hope that it is included in the place store in the future. It makes it very convenient to get widgets onto the home screen. I think a lot of owners will miss it.

16. Adam

Adam Visitor
    Visitor

The same person who removed the direct dial wigit is also the same person who likely decided it would be a good idea to alphabetically sort the apps !!!

17. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

You can get some on Play Store and it won't be exactly identical but it would do okay.

18. GenevB

GenevB New Member

There is an application like that in the app store, just look for it, it isn't exactly like it, but it will do the trick for you.

19. Live

Live Visitor
    Visitor

I use the short cut dial and it is okay but the native widget was much better.
    Also I used the "direct message" it was fantastic and much faster than going through the message app.
    With both these widgets I would put my family in one folder, work contacts in other folders as they related to projects and departments.
    Both of them work great.
    The point is Samsung was negligent and stupid for removing a widget which created no bloat ware or took up any extra space.
    Really this was very stupid on Samsung's part that I find so dumb I went to a droid turbo and turned in my S6 Edge.

20. Muhammad Rahman

Muhammad Rahman Visitor
    Visitor

Unfortunatelly S6 doesn't have this feature anymore.
    Might consider downloading app "speed dial" from play store. works almost like the widget.

21. David Lopez

David Lopez Member

Yeah i have this widget on my s5 when i switch on s6 there is no widget like that, they really remove it.