Did you upgrade to Android Lollipop 5.0.1/2 ?

Kyler

Staff member
I personally have upgraded my Android version last night. I think I'm loving it. Did you upgrade it and do you like it?

samanthasays

I've yet to do the update mainly because I don't have the necessary storage until I delete some unless junk. What did they change with this update? Glad you're loving it, I'm excited to give it a try!

Kyler

Staff member
I've yet to do the update mainly because I don't have the necessary storage until I delete some unless junk. What did they change with this update? Glad you're loving it, I'm excited to give it a try!
They changed the design, they made the software faster but it uses more RAM than before which is a downside. I think it's really good in terms of performance and design, but I don't know if it would work on older phones.

turt

I like the interface a lot better. The only thing I don't like is the fact that it uses 14.2GB instead of 12.5GB of space as before. Good thing I have an SD card!

Kyler

Staff member
I like the interface a lot better. The only thing I don't like is the fact that it uses 14.2GB instead of 12.5GB of space as before. Good thing I have an SD card!
Are you sure it uses that much? It's not a surprise if it does because phones should at least have 16 GB in the start, and who can't afford an SD card today? lol.

AlexKid

Recognized Member
Recognized Member
As a mobile app developer it was necessary to go through with this upgrade. I've noticed a notable performance increase and I'm sure there will also be greater app stability. I am concerned about users of older devices, whether or not they will reap the benefits of this upgrade. Compatibility issues of new and older apps on the various Android versions is also something else I'm looking into.