Did anyone actually buy this thing?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by teamxxlp, May 27, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I like the idea behind the Note Edge, though that curve STILL lacks functionality beyond what it originally came with, which wasn't much. The device apparently hasn't sold more than two million units, and the initial sales figure was 630,000 as of February 2015. Who owns one of these things!?

2. Loading...

3. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I haven't bought one. I just don't see the appeal. I don't think I know anybody that has one or is even interested in one. I would be interested in knowing who bought them and why as well.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It's a really gimmicky device and people prefer to buy the Note 4. It's the same thing just that the latter is much cheaper than the Edge.
    It's a cool device if you want to show-off though.

#3 FuZyOn, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  5. JohnBeaulieu

Recognized Member

Ah I guess that makes sense. I tend to stick to utility. Maybe that is why I never had interest in it. I don't have a need for it.

6. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Yeah. Not that different from other brands though.

7. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I never really warmed up to it when it was announced. Sure, it looks interesting but there is no true functionality there. The average consumer won't find much benefit from the curve and just another way to pump up the price. And consumers reacted accordingly by not purchasing this device in large numbers. Hopefully Samsung will have learned from this mistake and we can expect something from them, we can truly use in future.

8. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Samsung never intended for the Note Edge to become anything past a niche device, though the S6 Edge was designed as the device for the masses. If the device had sold two million or more devices, then it surely would have been considered a success. Anything less than a million or even below two million is a major loss, though.

9. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't think a majority of people even bought this unless for review purposes. Honestly, it's better to just get the Note 4 instead. The Note Edge as far as I can tell was an experimental product released to see, which then turned out to be better in the Galaxy S6 edge, in design perspective.

10. MikeOh

MikeOh New Member

I'm with you on this one guys. I saw it and I didn't like it. My sister almost bought it and I warned her about it. There's really nothing special to it.

11. sbatz72

sbatz72 Member

I clicked this link to do some research on the device. I am thinking of purchasing one. I am not sure which way I will go.

12. JohnBeaulieu

Recognized Member

It is such a niche thing. I don't have any legitimate use for it. I won't ever buy it. There isn't much I can't accomplish on other devices offered by it.

13. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

One of my friends (he has a phone repair store) got one of these in service a few weeks ago and called me to come check it out. It is way too huge for its own good, and the curves are pretty uncomfortable. The phone was in his store because of a botched root attempt, if anyone was wondering.

14. David Lopez

David Lopez Member

galaxy note 4 is a good phone. i have one of this and i love it more cheaper than the edge one..