Criticism Of The Plastic Design

Discussion in 'LG' started by teamxxlp, May 5, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Plenty of professional reviewers have been criticizing the G4 for not having a "premium" design, instead opting for a plastic design. Do these reviewers not notice that there are inherent tradeoffs with a metal unibody? You lose the removable battery, and then you can't get into the device to perform repairs yourself with ease. You don't need a metal body to have a premium design either. I've noticed that most actual users don't seem to care as long as the device is premium in other areas.

Viorel2 likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Danielle Davidson
      Replies:
      Views:

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

While I tend to agree that people aren't really interested if it's made of metal or plastic I do think people care about getting value for money.

The price of these flagship phones these days is pretty high, and I think people are going to want a device that feels like it's quality, and well made.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It definitely depends on the user since you can't please everyone. Criticism will always be there, regardless of what you include in your phone but people who really care about what they're buying will be more interested in the hardware rather than the aluminum body.

5. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Member

I'm not usually a fan of cheap components, but one thing I have noticed since using my 90% HTC one m9 is that it actually hurts my wrists and fingers. I've had everything from the Notes, Nexus's and the G3. At first I loved the metal look compared to plastic and glass, but now I appreciate the light weight feel.

6. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Depends on what the person's preferences and the price of the devices! Good phones are going from $300 to 600 + nowadays with all the bells and whistles so quality feels in the hands for the price is also important for me. For me, I would like the phone to be sturdy and durable.