Cracked The Screen On My Nexus 5...Oops

Discussion in 'Google Nexus' started by teamxxlp, May 25, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I should have been more careful, but I dropped my N5 today and it cracked the entire bottom portion of the screen. I've been planning to upgrade devices anyways, so it's not a huge deal. It still works like normal. I'm just a little surprised at how short the fall was. It landed on concrete, probably on a corner, so that explains most of it. All I have to say is...Oops.

2. Loading...

3. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Sorry to hear about that. Mobile devices are quite delicate and it's just so easy to damage them. I've seen plenty of fairly new, smartphones and tablets at my local used stores that often have screen damage of some sort. At least you will be upgrading soon so you'll be looking forward to your new device. Since you can still get some use out of your N5, I guess it's not the end of the world. Just be more careful next time. :)

teamxxlp likes this.
  4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Gorilla Glass, Sapphire Glass, and all of those screen materials are touted for their strength. They all suffer from one main weakness, and that's damage to the corners, which causes cracks nine times out of ten. The screens can take a lot of direct punishment without scratching or cracking, but a strong impact on the corner completely takes that strength away.

But yeah, I'm going to case my next phone, at least for the first few months to avoid any mishaps. ;)