Cracked Screens?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Miaka_M, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

One thing that boggles my mind is the fact that the iphone screen can drop, crack and still work like normal (a majority of the time). My friend dropped his phone and his screen is actually missing pieces here and there, but the system still works normally. I also know that you can replace the screen easily with a good company, but can anyone explain to me how this is possible?

kaplan matthew likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I am with you on this! My son's iPhone has cracked screen after dropping but still works like nothing was wrong with it. But since he is a teenager, he wants it to look good, so I had it replaced for around $100 dollars with better camera installed.

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

If the digitizer doesn't break, then the phone will still display images and work for the most part, and that's true of any smartphone, not just iPhones. Various tactics can be used to replace a broken or cracked screen on an iPhone. It's not the most simple task, but it's not necessarily a huge challenge either. You can do it yourself by purchasing tools from a company like iFixIt or send it in to a third-party repair service.

5. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Cracked screens and iPhones seem to go hand-in-hand. It's best to take the phone back to your closest Apple dealer in order to get it repaired. This is going to be a costly affair but it's still miles better than keeping a phone around with a damaged screen. Alternatively, if you happen to have a decent mobile phone repair shop nearby, it's good idea to get a quote from them too.

6. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I have that problem! I accidentally sit on my phone and that didn't went well, so the screen cracked. And as you said it works perfectly normal, the only problem is that the screen looks weird. And I think that you can fix it, I've seen a lot of YouTube videos of people changing the crystal of the screen, I haven't done that yet but I'm considering doing it, it seems to work for them!

7. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't know what phone that you have, but be careful. There is a lot of important things attached to the screen and you can really mess it up for you don't something right. I would suggest sending it into Apple or somewhere else that fixes iPhones and other devices. That way you will know that it's been done right.

8. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

I remember my old ipod touch wherein my mom dropped it from the upper bunk bed while trying to grab my clothes. Lol. It hit the floor and the screen was cracked. I think the LCD was also damaged as there is a pink light in the middle of the screen. It still worked though but I just have to dispatch it as it hurts my eye when I use it.

9. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yes, it would be scary if I do it by myself, I'm not planning to either! But thank you for the advice, I will send it with somebody that really knows how to fix it.

10. sbatz72

sbatz72 Member

Wow, I noticed this also. I can also tell you that it is difficult for me to look through my cracked screen. I do not think it looks too good. I hate how easily the screen cracks once it is dropped.